215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Topic
I created a list search type with links to the content...

So why does Seblod append "&Itemid=101" to the link to the content?

Is there a way to control this? Any help is greatly appreciated
Get a Book for SEBLOD
693 Posts
rpoy
9 years ago
Level 1
Hi cubist,

In your search type, in the link & Typography section (2), the + appears next to the view, there is a SEF URLs selection where you can change the formatting of the link.

Is that what you are referring to?

thanks,

Randy
215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Level 2
yea, that's close to what I want ...  List and Fields are selected in List & Search Type, then I chose link & Typography section (2), the + appears next to the view, then I chose "menu item", yet it sets the menu itemid to 101...  It should be 141 for the menu I selected.  ODD!
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 3
Hi,

when drilling down from the list to the item, itemid of the menu pointing to the list gets applied unless rpouter finds menu pointing to the item specifically, this is the same as with joomla lists&blogs
215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Level 4
I see. Good. So I added a menu item defined as a category list, so that now displays a better menu itemid. Thx!
215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Level 4
I thought this was solved... but what's odd is IF you make a search and find 2 or more results, the search results are listed and linked with Itemid = 162 -- good so far.

HOWEVER

When you search more specifically and find only ONE RESULT ... it goes directly to the Content version of the form and appends Itemid = 101 again -- RIDDLE ME THIS JOKER?

Thx in advance for your reply/s
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 1
Hi,

I just tried and I'm unable to reproduce this.

I did the following:
  1. Created new list search type for articles
  2. Created new menu pointing to lsits&search with this search type selected
  3. Turned off seo to see itemids
Only item on my list that had different itemid was one item that has direct article menu link and since it gets itemid from that link (as it should be)
215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Level 2
Hmmm... OK not sure if this is why. "Created new list search type for articles"

I created a new search to my Content Form, not the articles.

4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 3
It should not matter what content type you used for base to make search/list type
215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Level 4
I'd happily share an admin account for this production site if you want to confirm my findings... just PM/email me.
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 5
Hi,

I can't access you email or send you pm (don't think they exist here), so plaase send login to klas at k-k-k.biz
215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Level 6
Hmm... sorry not seeing how to login to your site, you can contact me here: http://cubefree.com/
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 1
What I wrote is not a site, it's an email adress, just replace "at" with @ :) 

I sent it also over your contact form
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 1
Hi,

there  seems t be something wrong with auto redirect itemids, as workaround I recommend you turn off auto redirection in the Configuration tab of search type (Global section )
215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Level 2
Klas, thanks for looking into it and your reply here.

I see that there is an "Auto Redirection" field in the menu item, changing this to NO works now. It does not go to the Content automatically IF there was only one search result.
Get a Book for SEBLOD