Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Site on SEBLOD 2: Showcase / example
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Site on SEBLOD 2: Showcase / example

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 10 months ago #61

• jsanglier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi jodafatass

You are doing some great work here!

On the article list, how are you fetching the values for the Type column?

All the best

Joss
Professional Copy Writer and Composer and occasional web community consultant - Working with www.processwire.com and www.joomla.org

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 10 months ago #62

• jodafatass
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Joss, hi @ll,

to display the kind of content type, I just use the cck field in the list view.
Hope that helps.

have a good day

jo

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 10 months ago #63

• jsanglier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi

Okay - I should have thought of that! haha

Thanks mate.

What you are doing here, moving as much as possible to the front end, is really good and the way Seblod should be going as standard (I mean, with these sort of tools already ready, and maybe even a default front end interface.)

Especially with J3 (probably in the form of Square 1) and it's built in Bootstrap, this means there can be consistency throughout the system.

The question is how far can we go?

www.seblod.com/support/forum/105-General...&start=120#43579

Joss
Professional Copy Writer and Composer and occasional web community consultant - Working with www.processwire.com and www.joomla.org

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 10 months ago #64

• jodafatass
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Yes,

I read this topic post this morning.
Your english level is quite too high for me (and several post are really long...), but I tried to understand what square1 is about, a kind of custom light joomla ?

Front end

Content creation and management
Module content management
Media management
User management
Meta tags management
Menu Item management

I'd love to have the possibility to manage menu item, and create a kind of new content that would look like a "page" (like in wordpress) for static articles.
Menu item and content in the same form would be really simpler for some clients.

I'll keep follow this topic and I'll make some test about sqare 1 ASAP.

have a good day

jo

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 10 months ago #65

• jsanglier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
HI JO

Yes, Square 1 is Joomla with a lot of the components removed - I mean, just about everything!

However, in the Extensions part, you can reinstall them - for Seblod, you need to reinstall com_search and the associated plugins.

It also has a custom admin menu system which is much better - a version of that will be in J3.

There will also be a Square 1 version of Joomla 3 which will even have com_content removed.

I am using it with Seblod and the Strapped template, which is the most complete Bootstrap template for Joomla 2.5 at the moment.

Have fun!

Joss

Strapped: hwdmediashare.co.uk/demo/templates/strapped/
Square 1: www.squareonecms.org/

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #66

• jsanglier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Jodafatass

Just been playing with datatables.

How are you dealing with the data? I notice on the datatables site that you can have problems with large amount of data if you are not using the server to process the database calls - like in this article:

datatables.net/release-datatables/exampl...ces/server_side.html

All the best

Joss

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #67

• jodafatass
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi @ll,

How are you dealing with the data?

What do you mean with this ?

Excuse me, it's monday morning, my brai just need coffee for the moment ...

Sometimes I have loading time problem with really long pages, if it's what you mean.

have a good day

jo

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #68

• jsanglier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Morning Jo!

A large Espresso is what you need!

There seems to be several ways of handling data with Datatables. The two main ones are:

1. Getting all the results in table form and then applying Datatables to that table - the DOM method.

2. Using php and the datatables script to retrieve the results from the database only as needed.

Number 2 is good when you have a large list of articles (several hundred maybe?) which would be too many for a browser to handle.

The link I posted above is about number 2.

Since I have no idea how to do that with Seblod/Joomla, what I have done is to remove the datatables pagination, search and the drop down for the number of results, and rely on the Seblod list type to restrict the number of results and do the pagination.

However, that means I am not using some of the nicer parts of Datatables

On another note, I have used the Bootstrap integration for Datatables to go with my Bootstrap site template - very nice!

Go and have your coffee!

Joss

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #69

• veeco
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
@jsanglier
would you explain more about what we need to run seblod on square1 because you only write:
"or Seblod, you need to reinstall com_search and the associated plugins."

Is there any performance increase with square one (less memory usage, less cpu, etc) ? or is it just for less files to install (or having the real 'blank' joomla) ?

Would like to try sq1 as well...
I'm work on Indonesia Web Developer and Creative Agency and Jasa SEO - Konsultan SEO Indonesia, I'm sharing my development note with joomla and seblod in JoomlaMastery.com

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #70

• mime
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hi @veeco,

I would steer away from sq1 as its future is uncertain (as @jSanglier mentioned in the other thread).

There was a performance gain with sq1, but not much. The memory consumption was about the same I think. The major advantage was the clean install imo.

Maybe we should continue that dscussion in the Square One thread

regards,
mime
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by mime.

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #71

• jsanglier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Ah, Sorry Veeco

Unfortunately, Jeremy (the person behind S1) is stepping down from the project so unless someone else picks it up it wont go any further

I spent the whole of yesterday migrating my complicated bootstrap skeleton site back over to J2.5

I haven't done a lot of benchmarking with S1, but it seemed quicker.

One of the big things on Joomla, though, is to turn off Mootools. That stops any conflicts with Bootstrap, but unfortunately, it messes up the Jform Media popup on site forms. If anyone can re-write that plugin so that it uses JQuery instead, that would be amazing!

Joss

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #72

• jsanglier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi there!

Inspired by what Jo has been doing on his sites (page 4) here is a screenshot of my article list on my front end admin.

It is using datatables as Jo has done, but because I have a bootstrap based theme, I have used the bootstrap implementation for datatables so that it matches my bootstrap.css file. (there are instructions on how to do this on the Datatables site - very easy).

I haven't got it all working yet, but it is getting there.

Below that is a screen shot of an article form, also using bootstrap. This is using Tabs - each tab having form elements on the left and a free text help screen on the right.

My big issue is the wysiwyg editor. It is not responsive because of the tool bar which is not good! We really need a jquery editor built into Seblod where we can define what buttons are available on each individual field.

Joss

Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by jsanglier.

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #73

• veeco
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Very Inspring !
One of the challange i see in front-end admin is the ordering, how do you done that ?
I'm work on Indonesia Web Developer and Creative Agency and Jasa SEO - Konsultan SEO Indonesia, I'm sharing my development note with joomla and seblod in JoomlaMastery.com
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by veeco.

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #74

• jsanglier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Veeco

Two things are going on here. The filters at the top allow filtering by content type, category, status plus a search box on the article title using the title field.

In Addition, datatables can visually change the sort order on what has been pulled from the database based on how you have set up your list type.

However, there maybe a way to improve this by calling data direct from the database using Datatables. This is a much better way of doing it as it can handle hundreds of articles easily.

There needs to be some scripting to achieve this, but I am not sure how to do it yet.

The example on datatables is here:

datatables.net/release-datatables/exampl...ces/server_side.html

If you have any clue how to merge that with Seblod, I would love to know!

When it comes to ordering for the purposes of category blogs and so on, as far as I know there is no way to currently pull that to the front end. It would need a bit of specific scripting (or steal some from the joomla system).

Joss
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by jsanglier.

Re: Any new websites based on Seblod 2? 1 year, 9 months ago #75

• mime
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

some ajax loading of the listings (to escape the pagination), and drag'n drop ordering would have made for some really powerful front-end editing.

The drag'n drop is already present in the backend of Joomla 3. Maybe Seblod could utilize those scripts in front-end to

regards,
mime
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by mime.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds