Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0

Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 5 months ago #1

• StreetDog
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I had my fingers crossed for two things in this release:

1. Search for multiple values
2. Cascading search

I understand that you guys must be trying your best to perfect Seblod and to take care of the most important issues, but how can we use a system that is supposed to be an App Builder (!!!) if you can't perform a search for more that one value?

If I create a checkbox field with some values and then create a Search Type that includes that field in the search form I get the following search results:

When all the checkboxes are empty = Displays all the contents
When one checkbox is selected = Displays the contents with the value of the selected checkbox
When two or more checkboxes are selected = Displays an empty page. No results.

This issue has been reported and there's even a patch for it in the forum. The reason I've been avoiding that patch is exactly this one, whenever there's an upgrade I'll have to check for all the patched files.
That's not a workaround, that's a pretty scary nightmare!

As for cascading search... I've read about 5 different forum posts where you stated "this plugin will be out next week", or "this is already finished and working".
So, when will it be released?

I don't feel like I have the right to demand anything from you guys and I'm really thankful for all the effort you've put into this platform. But if you want to take it to the next level and gather a larger userbase you have to take care of these issues.

A small user base, the lack of documentation and some small bugs might be enough to make Seblod "the thing that could have be"...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Castor, xtruder

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 5 months ago #2

• StreetDog
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Brilliant! Another topic without a single answer.

Great support, great community. I'll recommend it to everyone...

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 5 months ago #3

• nithinp89
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello StreetDog,

I can agree on Search for multiple values issues. (Thanks to Castor for pointing out this and ofcourse with a working solution). I believe team is working on this issue and probably with next release it will resolve.

On second point, Cascading Dynamic Select, it is not easy to create a plugin by considering lot of parameters. Because plugin is meant for generic purpose (What you require may not be the same for me or any one else). So lot of work & test has to be done before releasing. (Major consideration on Search Part) And of-course SEBLOD needs to maintain the 'standard' on their solutions.

I always prefer a 'Working Solutions' rather than a 'work around' solutions, if we can do.

We expect your good support to Community as always.
Best Regards
Nithin Prathapan

5 Things to Start with SEBLOD
1. Documentation 2. Videos 3. Getting Started & FAQ 4. Tips & Tricks 5. SEBLOD Forum
The following user(s) said Thank You: StreetDog

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 5 months ago #4

Hi StreetDog,

Thank you for your post. Sorry, we could not answer it until now.

In order to implement a search on multiple value, you should apply an appropriate "Match" option. This option is "any words" or "any words exact".

For that, you should click on button 3. If the separator of your multiple values is "," you should write "," in the input near to "any words" or "any words exact" options.

search_with_multiple_values.jpg

Regards,
Mehdi.
If you use SEBLOD CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. Thanks to you.!!"

2012 J!OSCAR[/size] :: Vote for SEBLOD
The following user(s) said Thank You: nithinp89

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 5 months ago #5

• Castor
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Mehdi,
see please post #29 (image 2) in database (checkboxtest) multiple values are stored as string. You can not search within this string with your proposal -> this is not standard for checkbox evaluation 'Any Words' or 'Any Words Exact' = OR.

Your suggestion ('Any Words Exact') works well when only one value is stored in database, because in this case ​​SEBLOD stores the value without separator

Your method proposed works, if the stored values ​​exclude any confusion (Attention: each value can be repeated in an other value -> '1' in '11'... or a part of word in an other word -> 'blue' in 'light blue' ... and so on)

Each Word = AND
Any Words = OR
Any Words Exact = OR (this does not work)

If you use dynamic data sources and the values ​​to be stored are not really unique, this bug generates incorrect search results, as shure as death and taxes.

Change your Global Configuration from Joomla (2.5.3)

bug_multiple_20120327_1.jpg

and create a multiselect-field country like this

bug_multiple_20120327_6.jpg

I used your country_table and id as value
(it's only an example)

bug_multiple_20120327_8.jpg

I edited an item 'Joomla' id = 24

bug_multiple_20120327_4.jpg

SEBLOD (2.3.0) store this (string: 1,2,3,4,10,11,13,21,22,23)

bug_multiple_20120327_51.jpg

Create this multiselect-field in your search-form

bug_multiple_20120327_9.jpg

Call your search-form and you can see this:

bug_multiple_20120327_10.jpg

try to search and you can see other error-messages -> No results.

bug_multiple_20120327_11.jpg

Should search start without errors, the result would be doubtful!

Best regards
Castor

P.S. Vous êtes vraiment têtu
Working on JOOMLA (latest) and SEBLOD (latest)
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Castor.

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 5 months ago #6

• damendieta
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi StreetDog, I think your possition has a point, I myself had been waiting for days infront of my computer, living the longest weeks in my live when the team says "it will be released on next week" and a month later, the release is not yet done... well, the problem is that the team is not working for us and they had they own priorities. That is the problem of opensource...

Well, I think you should consider about going to a paid project, where you pay for support and you can ask for it as it's your right. Or, understand that all the people who answers the forum does it because the want to help and they have no profit from it. Even the developers, who have no obligation on release they work and give us for free what has cost them hundreds of hours of hard work.

Have you ever paid for support or donated to the project in any way?. If not, please consider helping by answering the questions in the forum, donating money of writing solutions for the community. I know it's frustrating, that we all have timelines and that we all have work to do, but Have you ever consider how many time will you need to complete your project without seblod?, or How much money will you have to pay for a closed solution and even have you found another solution as Seblod, paid or not, that has all the staff you need.

I think not, because if you had, you weren't here. This is the best solution for your needs right now, even with the problems it has.

I understand your frustration, I have mines too, but please, be polite with the people who is helping you and gives their work for free as they are people working with and for the community, they need respect, the same as you.

Finaly, I ask the developers that if they can, please release the cascade fields and other works they have, if they want, they can release them as alpha or beta on a separate channel, saying that they are in test. People who uses they will understand that they are in test and had they precautions.

I asure you that if you release the alpha works, the comunity will help and develop the solutions for you. If the Octopus developers understand that we, the comunity, can help to solve some problems, the progress in Seblod will be faster than ever.

I myself can pay developers to solve the problems in the cascade field and other fields or things needed, but I had no oportunity as the fields are released when they are finished.

Please, seblod develpers, WE CAN HELP, we can do some work for you. Let us do some work for you and save you time to develop new features insted of solving small thinks that the community can handle.

Well, I think it has been a little long, but I hope it helps to the community.

Thanks a lot seblod develpers.

Daniel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nithinp89

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 5 months ago #7

• StreetDog
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I think it was very clear on my post that I felt no right to demand nothing from the developers.

But let me tell you something, regarding supporting the development or paying for it. Right now all of us are Seblod's beta testers, and we all give something back each time we use it in our projects (at our own risk). That's how opensource projects grow, based on a community not on money.
Money will be ahead, if you can get past this stage. If a few people start using Seblod, those people will tell other people and soon enough there will be hundreds or thousands of people using it. That's when you can attract some investors, some big players.

Now, having a CCK (or app builder) that isn't capable of performing a simple multi-field search isn't that good publicity, or is it??

Your kind of reaction (you're not paying for it, so shut up) does not help the growth of Seblod in anyway, it just says: don't expect much from this platform because you're not paying for it. How much did you pay for Joomla? How much will I pay for Drupal with a real CCK?

I think not, because if you had, you weren't here. This is the best solution for your needs right now, even with the problems it has.

Seblod is far from being a solution, let alone the only solution!

If you want to take Seblod to the next level you should listen to your user base, otherwise you might end up talking to yourself...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Castor

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 5 months ago #8

Hi StreeDog and damendieta,

Thank you for your posts.

Before we begin, let me say that any team Seblod is open to criticism from the moment they are constructive.

Second, I do not think you can find a single cck's support, paying or not, that it is as active and participatory. We give a lot of our time voluntarily. I often answers questions from the forum until 2am.

For this issue, i will personnaly check your problem with the detailed description of Castor. thank you Castor.

Regards,
Mehdi.
If you use SEBLOD CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. Thanks to you.!!"

2012 J!OSCAR[/size] :: Vote for SEBLOD
The following user(s) said Thank You: nithinp89, Castor

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 4 months ago #9

• Castor
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Mehdi,
Search for multiple values (select_dynamic) still not working on Seblod 2.3.7 - I give up! I've stopped working with SEBLOD

Sincerly
Castor
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Castor.

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 4 months ago #10

Hi,

Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.1

The 2.3.1 version is a quick package that was intended to fix issues coming from SEBLOD 2.3.0 release.. nothing more.
www.seblod.com/support/forum/105-General...eblod-23-.html#37649

The "multi-value" search issue is on the tracker, and like I said on the other thread I'll reply there when possible.. You already know that it works well in some ways (unique values / etc..) and yes it may not work in the way you'd like to or for all cases.. but I'd say it works for the main need...

(and.. sorry to say.. but YES there are other things that are much more importants to fix/improve/add before this one..)

I give up! I've stopped working with SEBLOD

You know, I am also waiting for an high level issue to be fixed in Joomla 2.5 installer package... an issue that have been around for more than 2 months (since Joomla 2.5)
An issue which mess up with the database of the site.. and make extensions (package / template / ..) installation broken ...
BUT I have not stopped working with Joomla for this reason...

If there are out there better solutions that fit your needs, I'd say yes... you should use them.
If there is not... you'll eventually come back..

Anyway thanks for the time you've spent on submitting patches. When improvements come, we'll let you know.

Regards,
Saba.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by SEBLOD - Saba.
The following user(s) said Thank You: junite, nithinp89, posokhoff

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 4 months ago #11

• veeco
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes Castor, you should comeback...
I'm work on Indonesia Web Developer and Creative Agency and Jasa SEO - Konsultan SEO Indonesia, I'm sharing my development note with joomla and seblod in JoomlaMastery.com

Re: Search for multiple values still not working on Seblod 2.3.0 2 years, 2 months ago #12

• Castor
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
veeco wrote:
Yes Castor, you should comeback...

Ok, I've started again. See new patch for version >= 2.3.6 -> see post @12 Patch
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Castor.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds