Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

[SOLVED] Trouble with wysiwyg editor field
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Trouble with wysiwyg editor field

[SOLVED] Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #1

• skurvish
  • ( Visitor )
I created a wysiwyg editor field. To create a new article I and open in it and click on the Jceblod CEK button. I then choose my content type and my CEK fill-in form is displayed. I then click on the editor button and the wysiwyg editor pops up. I enter my text and format, then click on Apply and nothing happens. If I then close the editor to go back to the form there is nothing in the text area and if I attempt to save the article I get an error stating that the wysiwyg field is required.

What am I doing wrong?
Last Edit: 4 years, 12 months ago by SEBLOD - Bes.

Re: Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #2

• SEBLOD - Bes
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
  • Working on SEBLOD 2.5 GA
Hello Elvis,
It's due to Joomla Editor.
If you are on Joomla 1.12 or 1.13 you must activate in jSeblod CCK configuration Advanced Tiny MCE. If not you must activated the other option.
You can too use JCE Editor.
Best Regards.
5 Things to Start with SEBLOD 1. Documentation 2. Videos 3. Getting Started & FAQ 4. Tips & Tricks 5. SEBLOD Forum
If you use SEBLOD CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. Thanks to you.!!"
Joomla! Extension Directory Team Member (JED)
Joomla! Showcase Team Member

Re: Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #3

• skurvish
  • ( Visitor )
I am using joomla 1.5.11, I have jSeblod WYDIWYS editor selected for the administrator, and in the CCK configuration I have TinyMCE 3 Extended mode selected.

What needs to change and to what?

Re: Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #4

• SEBLOD - Bes
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
You must use TinyMCE 2. TinyMCE 3 is not suitable with Joomla 1.5.11.
Regards.
5 Things to Start with SEBLOD 1. Documentation 2. Videos 3. Getting Started & FAQ 4. Tips & Tricks 5. SEBLOD Forum
If you use SEBLOD CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. Thanks to you.!!"

Re: Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #5

• skurvish
  • ( Visitor )
The tiny MCE v2 doesn't support tables and other options. I installed the JCE editor but it does not show up as an option in the CEK configuration. How do I select this editor?

Re: Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #6

• SEBLOD - Bes
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
You change your Joomla Editor in general Joomla configuration.
But the more secure is to have Joomla 1.5.13.
Regards.

Re: Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #7

• skurvish
  • ( Visitor )
With 1.5.13 I can use TinyMce v3?

Re: Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #8

• SEBLOD - Bes
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Yes you can.
Regards.

Re:Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #9

• skurvish
  • ( Visitor )
Still no love.

I upgraded Joomla to 1.5.13. I installed Tiny MCE V3 via the tinymcev3 plugin. I select Tiny MCE 3.2 as the editor in the global configuration. I set the same editor in the users profile, and again in the CEK configuration. In all cases I get a simple editor which no tables support when I attempt to open a wysiwyg editor.

Also, when I click on apply nothing happens.

I should also point out that when I open a new article I now see a full editor where before this was hidden and more CEK stuff was displayed (can't remember exactly what though).

I think we have gone backwards here. Any ideas?

Re:Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #10

• skurvish
  • ( Visitor )
Would switching to JCE editor be any better?

Re:Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #11

• skurvish
  • ( Visitor )
I tried the JCE, no difference. I changed the global config and user editors to JCE, there was no option for JCE in the CEK configuration.

Re:Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #12

• skurvish
  • ( Visitor )
OK, so I upgraded to the latest version of the CCK, have upgraded Joomla to 1.5.13, have installed Tiny MCE V3 and selected it in the Site Global Configuration, the users profile, and in the CCK. I logged out and back in again. When I open a wysiwyg editor I am getting the editor correctly, but, when I click on Apply nothing happens.

So I am stuck.

Ideas?

Re:Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #13

• SEBLOD - Bes
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Hello Alex,
Sorry that you encounter this problem. You can see that is right on demo website. So the problem is maybe other.
We don't understand when you say that you have install Tiny MCE V3, it is natively included in Joomla since 1.5.12 version. What do you mean ? It's work fine with the Joomla editor V2 or V3.
If you problem persist thanks to send us by email website link and a admin account. We will check this.
Best Regards.

Re:Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #14

• skurvish
  • ( Visitor )
OK. So I changed the editor to V2 and the apply works. V2 does not however support tables and such.

Originally I have Joomla 1.5.11 so I obtained and applied the patch file to upgrade to 1.5.13. It did not contain the V3 of TinyMce so I obtained a copy of the tinymce3 plugin and installed that which upgrades the system to V3.

Since then no go. Is there something in particular you think I did wrong?

I am sending in a separate e-mail a login link and password.

Re:Trouble with wysiwyg editor field 5 years, 4 months ago #15

• SEBLOD - Bes
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Hello Alex,
Joomla 1.5.12 and more contain TinyMCE V3 but in the Joomla the version number don't change. But you can see in TinyMCE plugin parameters an option "Functionality". Select "Extended". Then in jSeblod configuration select too TinyMCE Extended.
Best Regards.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds