Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.1 - Joomla! 2.5.2 SEBLOD 2.2 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.1 - Joomla! 2.5.2 SEBLOD 2.2 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value

** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.1 - Joomla! 2.5.2 SEBLOD 2.2 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #1

sd_live_cck_field_banner.png

Hello Community,

Live Plugin SD CCK Field V 1.0.1 Now for Joomla! 2.5.x and SEBLOD 2.2

With this plugin you can easily use the value of any CCK Field in your main content area as a live value. Simply select the Live plugin type SD CCK Field and supply the field name.

Example: Selecting my_field as a Live SD CCK Field value will grab the value of field 'my_field' and use it's value as the live value.

This is perfectly suited for linking email addresses to forms, or even listing very specific list results based on a certain fields value.

CHANGES / UPDATES

Plugin now uses DB calls to get field values rather than the CCK_Rendering class.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PLUGIN DOWNLOADS

DOWNLOAD for Joomla! 2.5.2 and SEBLOD 2.2
Note: This download will NOT work in Joomla! 1.7.x running SEBLOD 2.0, see below download

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_cck_live_sd_live_cck_field_v1.0.1.zip
File Size: 5 KB

DOWNLOAD for Joomla! 1.7.x and SEBLOD 2.0
Note: This download will NOT work in Joomla! 2.5.x running SEBLOD 2.2, see above download

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_cck_field_live_sd_cck_field.zip
File Size: 4 KB

Enjoy!
Attachments:
My SEBLOD Extensions on the JED

SD Field Concat

Was I helpful and did I save you hours of work or research? Consider donating something small as I volunteer my time to the community.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by SimonDowdles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SEBLOD - Bes, tqrowgy, ii731, Formul, naktinukas, MatthewSchenker, mime, nithinp89, matoosch, DiPiers...

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #2

• DiPiers
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you Simon, I will try it this evening!

So with this plugin we will be able to manage dependant select lists, am I right?

Congratulation for your fantastic work!

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #3

@DiPiers,

The dependant select list will only work if your live value is = to the same value in the select list, then that option should be selected yes.

It is really simple, it works on a value1=value2 basis. For example, I use this plugin to create search type lists that only return results based on a certain value. Here is a simple scenario:

You have a bunch of venues listed.
You list certain features such as "catering", "dj", "food", "dance", "chef"
Then I have another content type called suppliers, they have the SAME above terms
I then create a search type on suppliers, linking the term to the live value of the venue terms. This way, if a venue has "dj" and "chef" it will only return the suppliers that are also tagged as "chef" or "dj"

I hope I make sense.

regards,
Simon

SD Field Concat

Was I helpful and did I save you hours of work or research? Consider donating something small as I volunteer my time to the community.

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #4

• nithinp89
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Simon,

First of all thanks for your great work on SEBLOD!

Regarding this plugin, Can you post an example usage of your plug-in?

Still i have a doubt how to get email id from parent content type to form as you said in your post!
Best Regards
Nithin Prathapan

5 Things to Start with SEBLOD
1. Documentation 2. Videos 3. Getting Started & FAQ 4. Tips & Tricks 5. SEBLOD Forum
The following user(s) said Thank You: w_amir2004

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #5

Hello nithinp89,

Sorry for the delay, but here is a bunch of images showing how I use this plugin to automatically send contact forms to an address in the main content type. I hope it helps:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

seb_01.jpg

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

seb_02.jpg

seb_03.jpg

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

seb_04.jpg

Kind regards,
Simon

SD Field Concat

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SimonDowdles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Formul, nithinp89

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #6

• justintime
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Simon

If you are creating a sub-category, can this plugin be used to get the catid of the category that you select as the parent (via a dynamic select)? How would you then store that in the parent_id of the new sub-category?

Many thanks if you are able to help.

Justin

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #7

• Nuzzina
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi
Can you help me? I want to use your plugin to create a related article system that shows, above an article, a list of all articles which have the same value in a specific field.

Example: I show Article 1, which in "field A" has value "X". Above this article, I want to show a list of all articles which have value "X" in "field A".

Is possible with this plugin and with a ceckbox field? How?

Thanks
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Nuzzina.

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #8

@Nuzzina,

It is possible yes, I use it for that. I will set up a basic tutoria and add it later this afternoon. Cool?

Kind regards,
Simon

SD Field Concat

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #9

• Nuzzina
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you very much I tried to use plugin with ceckbox field, but it doesn't work So, if you can explain to me how set search type and fields, I'd be grateful

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #10

• Nuzzina
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi As tutorial work proceeds? Have you find some problems?

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #11

@Nuzzina,

No problems, just lack of time, I have started and will post when done. Trying to do it ASAP.

Regards,
Simon

SD Field Concat

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #12

• Nuzzina
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Excellent, thank you

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #13

Question moved to -> www.seblod.com/support/forum/Field-Types...&start=165#34612 comment 174. because of wrong posting

ChaOO !!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by EnergyBlazar.

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #14

@EnergyBlazar This topic is for SD LIVE CCK Field not SD Field Concat. Please move start this topic on the SD Field Concat post and I (or others) will answer there.

Thank you,
Simon

SD Field Concat

Re: ** NEW LIVE PLUGIN: SD CCK Field V.1.0.0 - Use any CCK Field value as your live value 2 years, 8 months ago #15

A lot of people have asked how to create some type of 'Favourites' system. This is not something that is particularly related to my live plugin, but I did use it while making a mockup of my favourites. The process I followed was:

I created a new content type called 'Favourite' and it consisted of 3 NB fields:

* favourite_article_id which would store the favourited article ID
* favourite_user_id which would keep record of who favourited the article
* favourite_article_title which (if desired) will hold the article title

I then set the LIVE values on the above fields as follows:

favourite_article_id - URL (int) > id
favourite_user_id - User > Profile > id
favourite_article_title - SD Live > art_title to get articles title

I also set the 'no access' message to none, so if users were not logged in, they would see no form and they would also see no error message.

Here is a screenshot showing my 'favourite' content type:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01_2012-02-14.png

02_2012-02-14.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice how I only chose to display the submit button, as the other fields were set to hidden. It is up to YOU to make this favourite button look good.

My next step was to make a 'Favourites User List' that would return all favourites for the specific article being viewed. For this search type, we search against the 'favourite' content type and we match the field favourite_article_id against the live value of URL (int) > id so that only favourites of the current article being viewed are shown.

I also include the field favourite_user_id in the item tab because I am going to use this value to make a custom database query.

My search type looks like this:

03_2012-02-14.png

04_2012-02-14.png

So now we have a form that submits a favourite and a search type that pulls all favourites for the article being viewed, but only giving us a user ID to work with. NOTE you can include the article title as well if you please.

I then make a custom override in SDSimpleSimon/positions/favourites_user_list/item/mainbody.php where I have my field value from favourite_user_id to work with.

I make a custom database call to get the username of the user who favourited:

<?php
$db =& JFactory::getDbo();
$uid = $cck->get('favourite_user_id')->value;
$db->setQuery(sprintf('SELECT DISTINCT(username) FROM #__users WHERE id = %d LIMIT 1', $uid));
$query = $db->query();
$user = $db->loadResultArray();
echo "<strong>".$user[0]."</strong><br/>";
?>

We now have a list that displays a list of all usernames who added this article to their favourites:

05.png

I hope this helps some people. Note, there is currently NO way to get the users avatar from the User content type, because we cannot have a content type within a content type, but I am experimenting on that and will see where I get.

This is by no means perfect, and you may have to intervene and do custom checks to see that the user does not favourite the item twice.

Enjoy!

SD Field Concat

The following user(s) said Thank You: junite, Formul
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds