Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

** NEW PLUGIN: SD Field Concat V.2.2.6 - SEBLOD 2.3.x - Concatenate fields, text & predefined variables, multiple checkboxes & more
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ** NEW PLUGIN: SD Field Concat V.2.2.6 - SEBLOD 2.3.x - Concatenate fields, text & predefined variables, multiple checkboxes & more

** NEW PLUGIN: SD Field Concat V.2.2.6 - SEBLOD 2.3.x - Concatenate fields, text & predefined variables, multiple checkboxes & more 3 years, 2 months ago #1

sd_field_concat_banner_2_2_6.png

Hello All,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SD Field Concat V.2.2.6 Released @ 2012-09-04 21:15
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ever popular SD Field Concat plugin has been updated to V.2.2.6. and it now supports conditional checking on field values and if no value is picked up on a field, it is not concatenated nor is the separator appended to the value.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, there was a bug where (when using text fields) a separator was always added after the last field, regardless of if it was blank or not. This has been sorted out finally Thank you to tutubalin for pushing to get this done!

Thank you to Lionel for contributing some code to get this much needed feature implemented You rock!

Features of SD Field Concat include:

• Joomla 2.5.x and SEBLOD 2.2 Compatibility - Now only supporting SEBLOD 2.2 >
  • Now support for values or labels of multiple checkbox, multiple radio and multiple select fields
  • Getting the NEXT AUTO INCREMENT value of ANY table in your database. This will solve many of your problems when constructing unique titles, as you can now get the new articles ID before it is saved.
  • Choosing to have no value separator - ideal for constructing plugin syntax.
  • Choosing to have either the value OR text when using checkboxes, selects, radios etc.
  • Using native JText functionality to translate text on the fly based on user language.
  • The SD Concat Field can now be rendered as a normal field inside intro and content views. This is great for making plugin syntax based on other form fields.

*Important Changes:
  • The plugin can now process text or value of Select Dynamic Cascade fields.
  • The option to have SD Field Concat process fields on edit or not.
  • Added the ability for multiple radio, check box and select values to be separated by a space, regardless of whether the 'ns' separator was specified. What was happening was that people were using 'ns' and making their own spaces, but then when the values of check boxes and radios were retrieved, they were not separated, this has been sorted out.
  • Added support for values or labels of multiple checkbox, multiple radio and multiple select fields
  • Fixed chmod() issue with increments.ini file
  • Fixed issue with INI file storing increment records
  • Added <table_name> syntax for getting next auto_increment value of any table
  • Use ns as a value separator if no separator is desired
  • The value separator is now a double pipe ||
  • $time variable added
  • $date formatter added, can take any valid PHP date string and therefore also render time
  • Length of field list input changed from 255 to 1000 characters

Please see the attached PDF for instructions on how to use the plugin, especially with regards to the JText aspect. JText can be disabled in the field config.

A NOTE ON THE MULTIPLE CHECKBOX, RADIO & SELECT FIELDS:
You MUST set the Text or Value option in the field config or it will not work. Value gets the value, Text gets the label. The value separator for multiple checkboxes etc is used from the Value Separator setting, us 'ns' for no separator.

** The Next AUTO INCREMENT VALUE syntax is not documented in the PDF yet, but is simple as follows:

<tableName>

Where tableName is the name of your table. Example field construction:

[This is a new article and will have an ID of]||<content>

Will give you the value of "This is a new article and will have an ID of 34" where 34 is tha next auto increment of the table you specified in the <> tags. The syntax does NOT rely on getting MAX id's and simply incrementing, it gets the value from MySQLs partition tables and is therefore accurate.

I hope this solves many peoples problems!

If you found this plugin useful, please give something back.

As you well know, a lot of work goes into producing these handy plugins for you. If you feel as though my plugin has benefited you a lot, please consider a small donation (amount of your choice).

Some of you use these plugins in production sites, often allowing you to do things you would otherwise not be able to do. I give my free time to you, so if you've used it in production, again please consider donating something small.

If you cannot afford to donate something back, don't stress, just enjoy using the plugin! If you share it, please ask that person to consider giving something back to the community, even if in the form of help on the forum.

Please report any errors and bugs to me a.s.a.p as I want to keep the quality of my plugin's top notch!

Lastly, you guys rock! If I was not part of such an awesome community, I would not have made this plugin. So thank you.

PLUGIN: Joomla! 2.5.x SEBLOD 2.3.x
This plugin version will NOT work on Joomla! 1.7.x, see below link

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_cck_field_sd_field_concat_v2.2.6.zip
File Size: 18 KB

PLUGIN: Joomla! 1.7.x SEBLOD 2.0 ** Does not support process on edit option OR select dynamic fields
This plugin version will NOT work on Joomla! 2.5.x, see above link

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_cck_field_sd_field_concat_v2-1-2.zip
File Size: 14 KB

DOC:

File Attachment:

File Name: sd_field_concat_instructions.pdf
File Size: 77 KB

My SEBLOD Extensions on the JED

SD Field Concat

Was I helpful and did I save you hours of work or research? Consider donating something small as I volunteer my time to the community.
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by SimonDowdles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SEBLOD - Bes, tqrowgy, ssnobben, adonay, serval, Travkin, Bongo111, vnnguyendung, arsalan, jodafatass...

Re: REQUEST Your Plugins Here 3 years, 2 months ago #2

• damendieta
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi, I have a really simple request.

One fiel that generate a random number with the hability to select the number of digits on it.

I need it because of the joombla unique alias rule.

I need to create the alias from two fields: name+random number.

Thanks a lot.

Daniel.

Re: REQUEST Your Plugins Here 3 years, 2 months ago #3

• givx
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

If you use the plugin field composed with title,id. The alias will title-id.

And the alias is unique.

Best regards

Givx

Re: REQUEST Your Plugins Here 3 years, 2 months ago #4

• damendieta
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi. Thanks for the hint.

I tried it already and it seems that the id is generated after the info is saved, so, with the composition rule title,id the title is saved but the id isn't.

Have a nice day.

Daniel.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by damendieta.

Re: REQUEST Your Plugins Here 3 years, 2 months ago #5

• givx
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
it works for me but you must remplace title by your fieldname used storage location title.

Givx

Re: REQUEST Your Plugins Here 3 years, 2 months ago #6

• rpoy
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
  • Learning to CSS in PHP
Hi Simon!

I just requested a few feature request plugins using the Tracker.
Google Maps
Concatenate Fields
Rating Plugin

I love the idea of plugins because it should make for faster development. But is there a good way to determine who is working on which plugin? I think it would be cool to know which plugins have priority over others and who might be working on what.

thanks!
Joomla Version: 2.5
CCK Version: 2.2

Re: REQUEST Your Plugins Here 3 years, 2 months ago #7

• damendieta
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi, I use this as composition rule: prg_nombre,art_id

The title is used in the alias, but the art_id doesn't. I already tried with prg_nombre,id

What composition rule do you use?

Daniel.

Re: REQUEST Your Plugins Here 3 years, 1 month ago #8

@all,

Updated the plugin list, please see first post to download the CONCATENATION PLUGIN.

Regards,
Simon

SD Field Concat

Was I helpful and did I save you hours of work or research? Consider donating something small as I volunteer my time to the community.

Re: REQUEST Your Plugins Here 3 years, 1 month ago #9

• dan1dyoung
  • ( User )
  • Administrator
rpoy wrote:
Hi Simon!

I just requested a few feature request plugins using the Tracker.
Google Maps
Concatenate Fields
Rating Plugin

I love the idea of plugins because it should make for faster development. But is there a good way to determine who is working on which plugin? I think it would be cool to know which plugins have priority over others and who might be working on what.

thanks!

Hi,

We are looking to organise this within the team and core team now and get some information out.

Thanks

Dan
If you use jSeblod CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. For any of my jSeblod CCK Packs or tips visit my site D.Y.Solutions

To keep up to date with new videos about Seblod 2.0 subscribe or visit our channel here

Re: NEW FIELD - SD Field Concat - Concatenate fields, text & predefined variables... 3 years, 1 month ago #10

• rpoy
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
  • Learning to CSS in PHP
Hi!

@Simon - I have been testing your SD Field Concat and it ROCKS! It works great for setting a title to a content type.

So the only thing that I can think of that would make it better is by using a groupX type of field to create the list of fields you want to add instead of adding the list in the text box. I don't know if there is ever a scenario where you might want a field from another table, but I was thinking that you could have table, field, checkbox for plain text option, and separator in the groupX. The ultimate would be dropdowns that look up the field names.

Another useful plugin that would be very similar to this is a Simple Math field. Where you could enter the field name and a drop down of the operators (+-/*). If it was in a groupX you could add and subtract several different fields.

The only problem that I have had is trying to set it up for the user name - which I have addressed in another post.

just my 2 cents...

Very nice job!

Thank you!
Joomla Version: 2.5
CCK Version: 2.2

Re: NEW FIELD - SD Field Concat - Concatenate fields, text & predefined variables... 3 years, 1 month ago #11

Hi Guys,

SD Field Concat has been updated and now accepts the $name variable which displays the users name who submits the article.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_cck_field_sd_field_concat_2011-09-14-2.zip
File Size: 8 KB

Kind regards,
Simon

SD Field Concat

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by SimonDowdles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coscho, MatthewSchenker

Re: NEW FIELD - SD Field Concat - Concatenate fields, text & predefined variables... 3 years, 1 month ago #12

• rgponce
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Simon, first of all, thanks for your fields.
How about a "simple date field"?
something simple with 2 text inputs (day and year) and one simple select (month). i know that this is simple to do with group field, but it's a few complicated set the horizontal orientation of the inputs without mess with the orientation of the other fields in the same position.

ps:
concat field is great to automatically put meta description and meta keywords in articles.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by rgponce. Reason: add a PS

Re: NEW FIELD - SD Field Concat - Concatenate fields, text & predefined variables... 3 years ago #13

• tutubalin
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Simon,

I switched Joomla "Error Reporting" to "Maximum" and above every form using SD Field Concat I get following message:
Notice: Undefined variable: form in /home/users/user123/public_html/website2/plugins/cck_field/sd_field_concat/sd_field_concat.php on line 67

Joomla 1.7.1, Seblod 2.0 RC3-2, PHP 5.3.4

Best regards,
Dominik

Re: NEW FIELD - SD Field Concat - Concatenate fields, text & predefined variables... 3 years ago #14

@tutubalin,

If you look at that code, you'll see that it comes from this block:

// Set
if ( ! $field->variation ) {
$field->form = $form;
if ( $field->script ) {
parent::g_addScriptDeclaration( $field->script );
}
} else {
parent::g_getDisplayVariation( $field, $field->variation, $value, $value, $form, $id, $name, '<input' );
}
$field->value = $value;

This code appears in all (most) SEBLOD plugins and really should not be throwing that error as it does not even use that code. I am revising the code and will update once sorted.

That being said, if you run your joomla site with error reporting maximum you are bound to have these not defined issues. It's not a big issue at all and for now I suggest simply turning off such high error reporting. I am using this plugin on many production sites and it has not affected the functionality.

However, thank you for pointing this out.

Kind regards,
Simon

SD Field Concat

Re: NEW FIELD - SD Field Concat - Concatenate fields, text & predefined variables... 3 years ago #15

• tutubalin
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
@Simon

That was mainly for your information.
I am using maximum error reporting for some other reasons.

Thank you for this great plugin
Dominik
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds