Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated?

Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 3 years ago #1

• nileshkale
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello

I am a newbie to this CCK and am desperately searching for the answers to the questions below:

1. Is Seblod 2.0 fully e-commerce enabled
2. Does it have a shopping cart element included?
3. has it got any 2.0 specifc shopping cart extensions?

-Nilesh

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 3 years ago #2

• dan1dyoung
  • ( User )
  • Administrator
Hi,

No there is not a cart included (We were discussing this yesterday actually!!!) but there will be a Seblod plugin coming that integrates with Hikashop and maybe later others, then we will look at the possiblities of a full Seblod e-commerce function but that is ALOT of work.

Thanks

Dan
If you use jSeblod CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. For any of my jSeblod CCK Packs or tips visit my site D.Y.Solutions

To keep up to date with new videos about Seblod 2.0 subscribe or visit our channel here

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #3

Greetings,
E-commerce is a huge subject within Joomla. I've spent A LOT of time in recent months checking out all the Joomla e-commerce extensions. It's become a kind of mission for me to get to the bottom of this.

My conclusion is that Joomla just doesn't have anything terrific. Here are the two best systems, in my opinion:

1. HikaShop (www.hikashop.com/)
2. redShop (redcomponent.com/redshop)

Each one has its strengths and weaknesses. Neither one is free. But take a look at their features and you'll see that putting equivalent functionality into Seblod would be huge -- like a CCK within a CCK. (In fact, I was in a discussion with the redShop developers last year about transforming redShop into an independent CCK, but never mind that now).

As far as straight e-commerce goes, my favorite system is OpenCart (www.opencart.com/). But it's not a Joomla system. The developers of OpenCart see their system as a CMS in its own right, so they are not that keen to bridge it with Joomla. But I think the feature set of OpenCart is exactly what we need in Joomla!

In my opinion, a good general solution would be to neatly integrate an existing e-commerce extension into a Seblod plugin (field and content type?), and be able to call up material inside Seblod entries.

I'd absolutely love it if Seblod could tap into OpenCart. But if that's not feasible, the next best thing would be HikaShop or redShop integration.

Thanks,
Matthew

PS: I was part of a major discussion about e-commerce in the Joomla forums where a lot of this was discussed (forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&...p;p=2508729#p2508729).
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by MatthewSchenker.

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #4

• nileshkale
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the replies!

unfortunately it does mean that I may only use Seblod when its integrated properly with a cart !

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #5

Hello nileshkale,
Of course, it will be very nice when a shopping cart is integrated into Seblod, and I'm looking forward to when Seblod has its own shopping cart built in.

However...

You don't have to wait until this happens. You can use any Joomla shopping cart with Seblod the same as you would use it in Joomla articles/pages.

I'd start using Seblod now. That way, when the e-commerce solutions develop you'll be up to speed with Seblod in general.

Just my thoughts.

By the way, which Joomla shopping cart do you want to use with Seblod?

Thanks,
Matthew

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #6

• nileshkale
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes Matthew, you are spot on! I am working on 2 portal at the moment, I will probably use Seblod on one of them....

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #7

• xantof
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Just a couple of remarks :

seblod has real purpose enhancing existing e-commerce systems and there are plenty of examples around using virtuemart (see video by slotpro), hikashop and others

hikashop's essential version IS free (it is used on my shop)

don't delay learning seblod as its enormous potential should not limit its uses to e-commerce only (... just my advice!)

good exploration!

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #8

• damendieta
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
HI, I was looking arround for an e-commerce solution that works and I foud this:

www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...d.html?lang=en#24682

Looks like hikashop is the way to go.

The combination is terrific, I't serves all my needs.

Daniel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tqrowgy

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #9

Hello Everyone,
HikaShop is good! But I think redShop deserves equal mention here. They are both great, with each one having its own strengths.

One thing to keep in mind: redShop is truly open-source; HikaShop is encoded.

Again, OpenCart is my favorite shopping cart system. If there was a way to hook that into Seblod -- we'd be in business, literally.

Then again, a native Seblod e-commerce system very well could be better than all of them.

Thanks,
Matthew

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #10

• dan1dyoung
  • ( User )
  • Administrator
Hi All,

I have not tested that many but starting to now, Hikashop is one the team use so there will be integration with this in future but others can also create plugins to integrate others.

A Seblod native cart (Not just for e-commerce but for other things such as favourites, documents, e.t.c.) is in discussion but would not be available realistically until early next year as to achieve something so flexible is a large task and the current focus is on getting the GA out and some other needed functions in the core.

I have also been looking at ECWID and have done a quick Plugin for this that i will release later (Allows you to create a field and enter the store ID in the field config and then enter enter the product ID when you create each content item and choose to display parts from the product such as price, image, currency symbol, e.t.c. when you configure the field but i may make an option to allow setting them per content item), but this system is a remote one so you can then have the front of the shop on one site, many sites, your Facebook Page, e.t.c. with a single admin.

I have not looked at RedShop and the others but the plugin above took around an hour to build and test so you can see integration can be quick depending on the level required.

Thanks

Dan
If you use jSeblod CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. For any of my jSeblod CCK Packs or tips visit my site D.Y.Solutions

To keep up to date with new videos about Seblod 2.0 subscribe or visit our channel here

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #11

• ssnobben
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Is HIKA GPL ? I saw some notice here its also encrypted ?

rgds

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #12

Good Day Everyone,

ssnobben wrote:
Is HIKA GPL ? I saw some notice here its also encrypted ?

Yes, HikaShop is encrypted. I used the wrong word above when I said "encoded." Still, HikaShop is amazing system that keeps growing, and the developer is very friendly and active.

If the Seblod team is working with HikaShop, that's a good thing.

I'm also going to test out using redShop working with Seblod.

Thanks,
Matthew

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #13

@all,

It should also be noted that you can quite easily create your own (simple) shopping cart system with a few smart moves and custom list templates. I have done it before, and the procedure I followed was this:

• I created a content type called 'shop_item' which had all necessary fields like price etc
  • I create a custom search / list template to show the items, along with their add to cart button
  • I then created a simple session based cart, adding items as session variables when a user added them to the cart
  • When it was time to check out, the user entered their info which was also stored in a session
  • They were redirected to my payment gateway processing page where they'd pay
  • Once paid, they were sent back to a specific page with a custom SEBLOD form that captured the session info, pre-populated a hidden field and submitted the form. This form ultimately published an 'order' content type with the details of the transaction.

Some food for though, the possibilities are endless. That being said, it would be AWESOME to have native e-Commerce functionality OR easy integration.

Kind regards,
Simon
My SEBLOD Extensions on the JED

SD Field Concat

Was I helpful and did I save you hours of work or research? Consider donating something small as I volunteer my time to the community.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by SimonDowdles.

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #14

• ssnobben
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
How about Tienda shop ? I think its soon J 1.7 compatible too but I dont know..not encrypted

Re: Is Seblod 2.0 RC3 fully e-commere enabled - does it have a shopping cart element integrated? 2 years, 11 months ago #15

Simon,
I agree that with Seblod we could make a workable shopping cart just with the elements built into it. I've used SimpleCaddy, which in many ways doesn't do much more than what's possible with Seblod's ready-made elements.

Using the method you outline, we could fairly easily do things like...
-- Rework the entire layout of items for sale
-- Display thumbnails of products in the checkout page
-- Set up unique messages at various checkout stages
-- Display our own cart buttons with number of items in the cart
-- And so on...

Then there are things that would be difficult to do just with Seblod fields...
-- Product variations
-- Using the UPS API
-- Accessing credit-card gateways
-- Setting up and applying discounts
-- Setting up and applying proper tax rates
-- Keeping track of shopping carts over more than one session
-- Saving shopping histories

Well, OK, I say these are difficult... at least for me!

This gets me wondering. Maybe we could get a discussion going in the community about how to develop these things with native Seblod fields and custom templates?

Thanks,
Matthew
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by MatthewSchenker.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds