Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Google Map Plugin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Google Map Plugin

Google Map Plugin 3 years ago #1

• Noctis
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hello everyone,

I am having trouble implementing the Googlemaps plugin found on JED. I was trying to add the plugin to my form using content type. I already have fields where the user types in the address. All I need is to somehow have the field plugin that retrieves that address the user typed in/submitted, and then create a marker/map on that googlemap.

I was hoping that someone would be able to create a googlemap plugin that would make this possible. If a field plugin is not possible, what would have to be done to make this possible?

Thank you.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Google Map Plugin 3 years ago #2

• dan1dyoung
  • ( User )
  • Administrator
Hi,

Currently you could use a custom template to call the plugin, but I will do a Seblod plugin as soon as i can:)

Thanks

Dan
If you use jSeblod CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. For any of my jSeblod CCK Packs or tips visit my site D.Y.Solutions

To keep up to date with new videos about Seblod 2.0 subscribe or visit our channel here

Re: Google Map Plugin 3 years ago #3

• Noctis
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Dan,

I figured that was the only way to do it as of now without a seblod plugin. It looks like I will have to suck it up and start practicing with custom templates. Just in case I can't get it working, I do look forward to your plugin.

Thank you.

Re: Google Map Plugin 2 years, 11 months ago #4

Hello Everyone,
I'm adding Google Map references to my custom templates now, picking up the address in another field.

Dan, have you been able to create a Google Maps plugin for Seblod? That would be superior, of course!

Thanks,
Matthew

Re: Google Map Plugin 2 years, 11 months ago #5

• dan1dyoung
  • ( User )
  • Administrator
Hi MAtt,

Not yet, got a few projects to finish, get the Seblod docs ready and just changing day jobs!!!!

Then i will start doing different ones again.

Thansk

Dan
If you use jSeblod CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. For any of my jSeblod CCK Packs or tips visit my site D.Y.Solutions

To keep up to date with new videos about Seblod 2.0 subscribe or visit our channel here

Re: Google Map Plugin 2 years, 11 months ago #6

Hey Dan,
Yes, your business must come first!

For now, I'm planning to just use the Google Maps plugin. It works fine, but my goal is to create sites with as few external plugins as possible.

Hope your new job is going well!

Thanks,
Matthew
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds