Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Search form in a module
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Search form in a module

Search form in a module 3 years, 1 month ago #1

• juergen
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
My suggestion is to develope a module which can be used to insert a search form on any modul position. This can be used instead of the joomla standard search module (but with more power )

Thanks Jürgen
Last Edit: 3 years ago by SimonDowdles.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Search form in a module 3 years ago #2

• dan1dyoung
  • ( User )
  • Administrator
Hi,

Why cant you use the already existing "Form" module??

Thanks

Dan
If you use jSeblod CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. For any of my jSeblod CCK Packs or tips visit my site D.Y.Solutions

To keep up to date with new videos about Seblod 2.0 subscribe or visit our channel here

Re: Search form in a module 3 years ago #3

• juergen
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Dan,

because it cant be used for a search type form, only for a content type site form.

Greetings Jürgen

Re: Search form in a module 3 years ago #4

• junite
  • ( User )
Hi Jürgen,

take a look at the seblod list form

best regards,
Markus

Re: Search form in a module 3 years ago #5

• dan1dyoung
  • ( User )
  • Administrator
Hi,

Sorry, yes i do get them 2 muddled!!!!

The Seblod "List" module.

Thanks

Dan
If you use jSeblod CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. For any of my jSeblod CCK Packs or tips visit my site D.Y.Solutions

To keep up to date with new videos about Seblod 2.0 subscribe or visit our channel here

Re: Search form in a module 3 years ago #6

• juergen
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Junite,

I only know the SEBLOD List Module and it offers only the possibility to display the search results on a module position after the search.

Is there a list form module too? I haven`t seen it yet.

I will check this.

Greetings Jürgen

Re: [Solved] Search form in a module 3 years ago #7

• dan1dyoung
  • ( User )
  • Administrator
Hi,

No there is only the one "List" module but with the new search and the extra options in the module (In RC3) i thought you could either create a search with just the search client filled in (And not the list) or use a standard search and use an option in the module to NOT show the list.

I havent needed this yet so not tested it to see how, when i do i will post back:)

Thanks

Dan

Re: [Solved] Search form in a module 3 years ago #8

I have just attempted the same thing, and indeed the poster is correct, forms are not yet functioning in the List module.

Not sure if this is in the works for the GA release, but will post it to the feature request / bug tracker.

Regards,
Simon
My SEBLOD Extensions on the JED

SD Field Concat

Was I helpful and did I save you hours of work or research? Consider donating something small as I volunteer my time to the community.

Re: [Solved] Search form in a module 3 years ago #9

In the meantime there is however a work around.

Create a hidden menu item for a SEBLOD List menu type, and link it to your desired search.

Create a custom list template, create your own form and name the fields whatever you wish to. For example I will name one field 'my_title'.

Set the form method to GET, and then set the live values on your search type to URL > Var(string) and give them the values of the form fields from your custom form.

Set your custom form action URL to that of your new hidden menu (index.php?Itemid=HIDDEN_MENU_ID).

Now when users submit the form they are taken to the new list page with your custom form field and values populated in the URL, and then the search type uses those value's to filter the results based on the live values.

It's not a pretty fix, but it works.

Regards,
Simon
My SEBLOD Extensions on the JED

SD Field Concat

Was I helpful and did I save you hours of work or research? Consider donating something small as I volunteer my time to the community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: junite

Re: [Solved] Search form in a module 3 years ago #10

• juergen
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hello webfacesimon,

thanks for your tip, I will try this as soon as possible.

Addition: I have posted it in the bug tracker one week ago and Sebastian wrote back, but unfortunately the network ist most of the time down (404 Error), so I dont know what he has written

Best regards Jürgen

Re: [Solved] Search form in a module 3 years ago #11

• MtnPavlas
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
@Juergen,
For accessing the response/comment in tracker for your submitted item... I wonder if your use case is that you click on the link in your email and when you're taken to the Seblod website, then you see the 404 error... if so, then that's probably because you're not logged in and the tracker is not accessible to non-registered users.

or
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds