Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

get virtuemart field values
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: get virtuemart field values

get virtuemart field values 4 years, 9 months ago #1

• cruxe
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I'm using jSebold CCK to extend virtuemart product description.

Now I need to create the template and the problem is that some fields are dependent of some virtuemart field value.

How can I get the jSebold template to import virtuemart fields?

Thank you in advance.

Re:get virtuemart field values 4 years, 9 months ago #2

• SEBLOD - Bes
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
  • Working on SEBLOD 2.5 GA
Hi Cruxe,

Thanks for your post.
Normaly you use all Virtuemart extension and virtuemart specific extension to manage and display products. Only Virtuemart field description is transform with multi-fields.
You can too use Joomla article manager to display your product. Like you say, in this case a lot of Virtuemart field are require. You can use dynamic select field and simple query field to create this field. But in this case, virtuemart product in not really linked with Joomla article, so there is a lot of work. I advise you to use the first solution.

We speak in jSeblod time for a long time about integrate totally jSeblod CCK and Virtuemart (or Virtuemart in Joomla article with jSeblod) like Joomla article manager and jSeblod CCK. What do you think about?

Best Regards.
5 Things to Start with SEBLOD 1. Documentation 2. Videos 3. Getting Started & FAQ 4. Tips & Tricks 5. SEBLOD Forum
If you use SEBLOD CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. Thanks to you.!!"
Joomla! Extension Directory Team Member (JED)
Joomla! Showcase Team Member

Re:get virtuemart field values 4 years, 9 months ago #3

• cruxe
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Bes! Thank you for your quick answer.

Only Virtuemart field description is transform with multi-fields.

The question is that I need to display virtuemart field description with jSeblod template (and that is not a problem). The problem is that I can't get the "SKU" or the "width" and "height" fields inside jSeblod. Tried to import them as I do in a Virtuemart template... don't work.

You can use dynamic select field and simple query field to create this field. But in this case, virtuemart product in not really linked with Joomla article, so there is a lot of work. I advise you to use the first solution.

About this solution, I think it doesn't work in my case, because (as I can understand the way dynamic select field) it's useful to select some data in database when filling the form, but not when displaying the the fields (but I might be wrong).

We speak in jSeblod time for a long time about integrate totally jSeblod CCK and Virtuemart (or Virtuemart in Joomla article with jSeblod) like Joomla article manager and jSeblod CCK. What do you think about?

If you integrate virtuemart fields in jSeblod so that it was possible to create custom forms to insert products in virtuemart and allow us to easily create templates to display the products only with jSeblod, well... that would be great

Re:get virtuemart field values 2 years, 9 months ago #4

• perrineco
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
Is it the same with seblod 2?
Thank you,
Perrine

Re:get virtuemart field values 2 years, 9 months ago #5

• unleash.it
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I think not. There is no longer a CCK button to add the Seblod code. But Virtuemart 2 now has better custom fields out of the box (probably not as advanced as Seblod).

Re:get virtuemart field values 2 years, 9 months ago #6

• perrineco
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for your answer!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds