Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

[SOLVED] Can't Create Categories
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Can't Create Categories

[SOLVED] Can't Create Categories 2 years, 8 months ago #1

Greetings,
I just did a fresh installation of Joomla 1.73 and Seblod 2.1. I cannot create new categories in the category manager, nor can I create categories by going directly through the "Category" form in the "Form & Content Type Manager."

1. Click the "New" button (or the form icon) to bring up the screen to create a new category.
2. Enter all the data about the category in the parameters.
3. Click "Save," "Save & Close," or "Save & New" and nothing happens. Only "Cancel" button works.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks,
Matthew
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by MatthewSchenker.

Re: Can't Create Categories 2 years, 8 months ago #2

• hdvideo
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Matthew,

I installed 2.1.1 last night on an existing J1.7.3 site and did not see the problem you report. I am having a minor problem with field creation (reported in another topic), but categories worked fine.

Ed

Re: Can't Create Categories 2 years, 8 months ago #3

Greetings,
Some more information on this.

Did a fresh installation of Joomla 1.7.3 without Seblod, and category creation works. After installing Seblod 2.1, categories stop working. The only other extension installed is Akeeba backup.

Running PHP 5.3.9

I've tested this on three different browsers:
Firefox 9.0.1: Categories don't work
Safari 5.1.2: Categories don't work
Chrome 16.0.912.75: Categories work

Tested on a PC (Windows 7) and a Mac (OSX 10.7.2). Same browser results as noted above.

For now, I'm doing my Seblod development work in Chrome.

Thanks,
Matthew
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by MatthewSchenker.

Re: Can't Create Categories 2 years, 8 months ago #4

Greetings,
I did a new fresh installation of Seblod and Joomla, and on this try everything works as expected. Not sure what happened in the last go-around.

Solved!

Thanks,
Matthew

Re: Can't Create Categories 2 years, 7 months ago #5

• musinfo
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Hi all,
only for information...I had a similar problem saving articles, the save buttons seemed to not work and only cancel worked, (the post) and I solved the problem clearing the browser cache.

good work to all!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by musinfo.

Re: Can't Create Categories 2 years, 7 months ago #6

Hello has any one tried creating a New Category in the Compnents > News Feed > Category option....

Well i did and its not working every new category that i create is saved in Content > Category Manager .....

Any Solutions....

Thank u

Re: Can't Create Categories 2 years, 7 months ago #7

Problem solved thanks to nithin....

solution just go to Construction > Options > Inherit > Category = Use Default / Force SEBLOD

WHOOOO !!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds