Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Important questions about the content type USER
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Important questions about the content type USER

Important questions about the content type USER 3 years ago #1

• Wedal
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I'm trying to build on SEBLOD profile system similar to the Community Builder, but there are several important issues that are in my way:

1) How do you edit the profile to make available, not all fields that are in the profile (filled out at registration)? For example, prevent users from changing their name.

2) How to make the Title of article-profile was not «Joomla user - XXX», where XXX - ID user, and make «Username»?

3) How to allow unregistered users to browse the profiles registered? Now the pages of profiles set the access level Registered.

4) How to pass a Live Value type of search a user ID, the page is viewed? Now link, it looks like: «& id = 2: joomla-user-43». I can give «id = 2». But how to pass "43"?

These questions are important to create a complete profile system with SEBLOD. Dear developers, please give the answers.

Regards, Wedal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: diogowernik

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 3 years ago #2

• thithac
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
HI up here! I want know about this too!

Thanks in adv.

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 3 years ago #3

• croft.lat
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Mister Simon answered about a possible solution to point 2>

2) How to make the Title of article-profile was not «Joomla user - XXX», where XXX - ID user, and make «Username»?

The answer is here> www.seblod.com/component/kunena/105-Gene...r-name.html?Itemid=0

But I have no idea about how to use it

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 12 months ago #4

• posokhoff
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Very simple: first of all, you should install plugin SD Concat - it's concatenating values of your fields (use #name_of_your_field#,#name_of_your_field2# in field "List of Fields" of the plugin. ). Create new field and isert it in your form, use plugin as type of this field. In plugin use "Standard->Article->title" storage.
Best Regards,
Yury Posohov
www.seblod.PRO

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 12 months ago #5

• thithac
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, very simple, I will try send post later here, thanks !

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 12 months ago #6

• Wedal
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, guys!
Thanks for the tips.
Some questions I found the answers myself:
2) Go to User content type -> tab "Content-Configuration" and set option "Override Title" in field name, wich we use for user username.
3) 3.1. Go to Joomla Plugin Manager, and find plugin "CCK Field Storage Location - User".
In options of this plugin set:
Default Access - Public
Default State - Public
3.2 Go to Content - Category Manager - Users, and set Access level option in Public
4) This question I decided to "TwoStageLevel" search type. I think it's a bad decision. So the question is open.
1)On this question the answer is not found, although it is very important.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tqrowgy

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 12 months ago #7

• SEBLOD - Bes
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
  • Working on SEBLOD 2.5 GA
Hello everybody,

Nice topic.

1) There is not the choice on SEBLOD 2.0 (there is this feature on SEBLOD 1.x) to display a field or not on edition view. The way today is :
* ("easy) create a joomla user group called "only public", yes you can with Joomla 1.7 create a user group only for guest people (public only, create the access level too, see Joomla User Manager option and the parameter "Guest User Group"), like this you can with SEBLOD assign to a field the good access level. Example, for a captcha field, assign it to public only access means this field will be display only on registration . So if you wish to display the username field in the registration form but not in edition form, create 2 username fields with exactly the same storage configuration, assign one to public only (registration view) and the other to registered access (edition view).
* to do a custom template: www.seblod.com/support/documentation/seblod-2x/templates.html
In few time, there will be some Style Form plugin which allow you (like the typo plugin on content) to manage the display of a field input. So it will be easy to do a style form plugin ti display or not a field on edition view.

2) @Wedal, it's a solution, yes. An other one is to not display the Joomla article title (see Joomla options) and to display the field you want in your intro view.

3) You can change the default access of Joomla user article like Wedal describe it.

4) Not sure to understand, but if the purpose is to search only about the user id, put the user id field in search form and in live value select "profil" and put in value id.

Best Regards
5 Things to Start with SEBLOD 1. Documentation 2. Videos 3. Getting Started & FAQ 4. Tips & Tricks 5. SEBLOD Forum
If you use SEBLOD CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. Thanks to you.!!"
Joomla! Extension Directory Team Member (JED)
Joomla! Showcase Team Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: tqrowgy, Wedal, nithinp89

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 12 months ago #8

• Wedal
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, Bes. Thank you for your answers. My comments:
1) Yes, this is solution, but it is suitable only for a User content type. But what if the content type, such as Article. For example, I want to allow users to add and edit articles. When they edit article they should not be able to change Title field. Here the division into groups does not help, because user has already registered.
2) Your method has one disadvantage: the original title will be shown in the page header and breadcrumbs.
3) Solved.
4) No, you didn't understand me. For example, I want to show in user profile all the articles that he added. BUT(!) Live: Profile = id not suitable, because it this will only work in own user profile, but not when viewing the profiles of other users.
I Need to pass in Live Value the id of the user whose profile you are currently viewing. But, I cannot do it, because currently page URL contains e.g. & id = 2: joomla-user-43,("43" - value, that I need).

Best Regards.

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 12 months ago #9

• croft.lat
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you so much for helping with the user title problem

posokhoff idea and wedal were quite easy to implement (I even feel a little bit shame about not figuring it out by myself lol )
Thank you guys! you are great,
I am uploading a screencapture about the format of both ideas. In case someone else needs help
image.png

Now, what I can't solve is the user edition in the frontend , I am uploading a couple of screenshots with the problem, to be more graphic in case someone can help me:

1problem.png

how.png

Thanks again to all of you , you are fantastic!

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 8 months ago #10

• diogowernik
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Nice topic,

I have also two questions, is possible to have two links?

View your profile

Edit your profile

Thanks

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 7 months ago #11

• djidj
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi,
What about using the joomla menu, then just select your menu type "user profil" and "modify profil" (something like that...)

should work!

djidj
The following user(s) said Thank You: diogowernik

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 7 months ago #12

• jiesot
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hi all
I have some similar questions.
I made a search type to list all the user in the front end and here I have two problems:
1. I cant make visible the user gruop, I added the field in the search type but it doesnt show anything
2. I want to edit the users from this frontend list, I mean the user profile but:
A)If I used the concat field to write the title of the user article made from Seblod, when I click the edit button I get the standar article form, not the user form.
If I override the title in the content configuration tab when I click the edit button I get the 404 error page.

In the 1.8 Seblod version there was a menu item to display all the users from an especific gruop and from that list you could create a new one or edit any of them in their user seblod forms. How can I make this in 2.3 version?

Thanks

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 7 months ago #13

• djidj
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Jiesot,

1 . If you're logged in can you see your users?
2 . What if (in the list tab) you create a free text, put in the editor ex: "edit link", then with button 2 select "form", it should make a link to the user content type...
And for the title of user article for me I just forget it and create a new title in the user content type...

Hope it helps !!

djidj

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 7 months ago #14

• gebeer
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
@Wedal

Have you solved number 4 in your list yet?

I had the same problem and solved it with Simons plugin:
www.seblod.com/support/forum/Field-Live-...your-live-value.html

If you need further details, I'll try and help. Just let me know.

Cheers
Gerhard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wedal

Re: Important questions about the content type USER 2 years, 7 months ago #15

• diogowernik
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
hi gebeer how did u solved the item number 4?

i tried but is not working , do i have to do anything more?

here is the screen of what i did!
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds