Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

NEW FIELD: RP Google Map V2.3.0
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: NEW FIELD: RP Google Map V2.3.0

NEW FIELD: RP Google Map V2.3.0 3 years ago #1

• rpoy
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
  • Learning to CSS in PHP
Hi Everyone!

******** New Updated Version - April 12, 2013 ********

This plugin adds a Google Map to your Seblod Content type.

This new version enhances, fixes, and simplifies.

Whats New:
  • Almost all fields can be mapped to a Seblod Content Type
  • HTML Infowindow
  • Circle Overlays
  • New language support for French and Russian
  • Publish/unpublished will turn on/off markers
  • Customizable User controls
  • Draggable Admin Icon

Whats Fixed:
  • Simplified and fixed the ability to add multiple markers

I have updated the Plugin so that almost all of the fields (with the exception of the dropdown fields) can be mapped to a Seblod Content Type (SCT). This is done by using the format ||Seblod_Field_Name in the plugin field. Once mapped, the information filled out in the STC will control the plugin parameter.

Multiple markers were not working very well in the previous version, and has been enhanced and fixed. All that is needed is a related article. Icons can either be mapped or defined in the content type which allows for unique icons for each marker. Clicking the marker brings up the infowindow which can be your own html.

There are a lot of features detailed in the instructions.

Special thanks to Kermit and Posokhoff, for all of their help and translations.

Don’t forget to backup.

New Version 2.3.0 For: Joomla! 2.5.x SEBLOD 2.3+
PLUGIN

File Attachment:

File Name: rp_google_mapsV2.3.zip
File Size: 63 KB

Documentation:

File Attachment:

File Name: Instructions_RP_Google_map.pdf
File Size: 605 KB

Documentation - Russian:

File Attachment:

File Name: Instruction_RP_Google_map_06122012_RU.pdf
File Size: 768 KB

Please let me know if you have any problems.
rpoy
Joomla Version: 2.5
CCK Version: 2.2
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by rpoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SEBLOD - Bes, SEBLOD - Saba, tqrowgy, jiesot, ssnobben, serval, pretobrazza, goum, SimonDowdles, jodafatass...

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.1.0 3 years ago #2

Hi, I was wondering if you'd know how easy or hard it would be to add a field for kml or gps map data.

My site i'm building will have cycle routes and i'm wanting users to create the xml file with the route and upload it to the site to display as a map with the route over layered on top. The routes would be an article thats created with description and other user data collected for each route and a visual interactive map.

Would that be possible with Seblod 2.0, J! 1.7.3?

Thanks

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.1.0 3 years ago #3

• rpoy
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
  • Learning to CSS in PHP
Hi!

I don't think that would be too difficult. I'm currently working on the next version of map plugin. In this next version, I want to have a marker plugin that will work with the map - so you can define several areas of interest, set the icons, get directions and some other stuff.

I'll look into importing kml/gps data too.

I think we could send people to the moon with Seblod!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jodafatass, nithinp89, Craig Hopkins, wiredlabs

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.1.0 3 years ago #4

You're defiantly not wrong about sending people to the moon with Seblod, its crazy and what J! needed from the start.

The kml and gps addition would be outstanding and a steep learning curve if done myself, I appreciate you taking time to look into this.

My wish list for my site (killer apps), this mapping plugin and tagging. It can already do wonderful things and the developers cannot be thanked enough.

Keep me posted!

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.1.0 2 years, 11 months ago #5

Thanks for creating this! I am using a number of fields for address (ie. building, number, street, city, state, zip); I was wondering if I am able to concatenate a number of fields for an address or would I first need to create a concatenated field to use ||address_field?

Hope that makes sense!

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.1.0 2 years, 11 months ago #6

• posokhoff
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hi! Thanks for this plugin!!! But i can't get it work... I set up all needed settings for this plugin, but i don't see anything in content (also no any plugin code on page).
It's published on my site, I added field with plugin to my content tab... Should i choose something in Typo field or something else?
Thanks
Attachments:
Best Regards,
Yury Posohov
www.seblod.PRO

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.1.0 2 years, 11 months ago #7

Hi, I tried using your plugin but it didn't worked for me properly. Wish I could have got a documentation of the same then it would have been useful to me.

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.2.0 2 years, 11 months ago #8

• rpoy
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
  • Learning to CSS in PHP
Hi Everyone!

I have been making some big changes to this plugin. So please download and install.

Also added some documentation.

Let me know what you think..

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben, nithinp89

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.2.0 2 years, 11 months ago #9

Hello,

I'm having some issues with the plugin. If I try to use the standard form as per the documentation, I get the following error:

PHP Warning: require_once(/var/www/localhost/plugins/cck_storage/dev/dev.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/localhost/libraries/cck/construction/field/generic.php on line 476, referer: localhost/index.php/map.html
[Tue Jan 03 02:31:09 2012] [error] [client 90.215.102.145] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/localhost/plugins/cck_storage/dev/dev.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/localhost/libraries/cck/construction/field/generic.php on line 476, referer: localhost/index.php/map.html

If I try to embed the field into a form using a concatenated value, I get the following errors:

[Tue Jan 03 02:24:52 2012] [error] [client 90.215.102.145] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: address in /var/www/localhost/plugins/cck_field/rp_google_map/rp_google_map.php on line 425, referer: localhost/index.php/add-listing.html
[Tue Jan 03 02:24:52 2012] [error] [client 90.215.102.145] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function dump() in /var/www/localhost/plugins/cck_field/rp_google_map/rp_google_map.php on line 380, referer: localhost/index.php/add-listing.html

Occassionally, I get this error:

[Tue Jan 03 02:26:09 2012] [error] [client 90.215.102.145] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/localhost/plugins/cck_field/group_x/group_x.php on line 220, referer: localhost/index.php/add-listing.html

Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Re: NEW FIELD: Is Radius Search Possible? 2 years, 11 months ago #10

• trkr81
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm building a site for a Taxi/Limosine company. They want the ability to search geographically by radius. For example: A person enters their location (New York City, NY) and then the taxi company can search for anyone within 20, 50, or 100 miles for people who need a taxi. Likewise, they will also search for a Taxi within 20, 50 or 100 miles of New York, NY and then dispatch the taxi nearest to the person. Does the Google map plugin have radius capability configured in Seblod? Any helpful insight or ideas would be appreciated.

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.2.0 2 years, 11 months ago #11

• posokhoff
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Rpoy! I installed your new version and have the following errors (when i try to save my content):

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'plgcck_storagejson::oncck_storageBeforeStore' was given in /home/p/posokh/sirhenry.ru/public_html/libraries/cck/base/cck_5_2.php on line 31

Fatal error: Call to undefined function dump() in /home/p/posokh/sirhenry.ru/public_html/plugins/cck_field/rp_google_map/rp_google_map.php on line 380
Best Regards,
Yury Posohov
www.seblod.PRO

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.2.0 2 years, 11 months ago #12

• rpoy
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
  • Learning to CSS in PHP
Hi!

I updated the plugin which will hopefully fix the issues. I tested it on a few servers and it was working for me. So let me know.

@trkr81 - Google Maps does have the ability to overlay circles with a radius. So I don't see any reason that I couldn't include that too.

thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben, ksenia

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.2.0 2 years, 11 months ago #13

Hi,

Thanks for your work on this plugin! I have installed the plugin and that seems to have gone ok but on my content pages i'm just getting a blue square. I'm using 2.0GA and joomla 1.7.3 and the 1.2.1 version of your plugin.

I'm getting the follow error in my browser console:

TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'l.google.maps.Load')

Any guidance you could provide would be wonderful!

Jay

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.2.2 2 years, 11 months ago #14

• rpoy
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
  • Learning to CSS in PHP
Hi!

I uploaded a new version in which I was able to solve the multiple map issue along with some other issues that I found. So now you should be able to have a map in each article several articles on the same page. I also removed the need for the Google API code since its not needed for V3.

If you are having problems, is the latitude and longitude being filled in automatically when you save your content type?
rpsimplemap.png

I'll do a better job on error trapping in the next version with some helpful messages.

thanks

Re: NEW FIELD: RP Google Maps V1.2.2 2 years, 11 months ago #15

Thanks, I updated and then also changed the way I was entering the map data & it is working.

Previously I was entering the address or co-ordinates via the backend edit screen in seblod but when I created and used the fields as described in the documentation using that admin form it started working fine! Thanks for you work on this so far!
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds