Notice

This old forum is now only available for consultation/read. User accounts on this old website are blocked.
Please create a new account on seblod.com and use the new forum http://www.seblod.com/community/forums.
Apologies for this perturbation and thank you for your understanding!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

F.A.Q - How can i limit the category list to show just sub-categories of a parent category or just specific categories?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: F.A.Q - How can i limit the category list to show just sub-categories of a parent category or just specific categories?

F.A.Q - How can i limit the category list to show just sub-categories of a parent category or just specific categories? 3 years, 2 months ago #1

• dan1dyoung
  • ( User )
  • Administrator
QUESTION
How can i limit the category list to show just sub-categories of a parent category or just specific categories?

ANSWER
You can do this by using a Dynamic Select field and setting it up as below:

Query: Construction

Select Label: To Suit

Table: #__categories

Options Name: title

Where:
- To show just certain categories use: id=xx OR id=yy and published=1

- To show one level deep of categories below a parent category use: parent_id=xx and published=1

Options Value: id

RC2-2_Select_Dynamic_Category.jpg

The storage for an article would be: Standard/Article/catid without Alter ticked (It MUST be catid).

RC2-3_Storage_JForm_Category_Field_2011-06-12-2.jpg

COMMENTS
Applicable to all Seblod 2.0 versions
To comment on this F.A.Q please post here with reference to this F.A.Q title.
If you use jSeblod CCK, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory. For any of my jSeblod CCK Packs or tips visit my site D.Y.Solutions

To keep up to date with new videos about Seblod 2.0 subscribe or visit our channel here
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by dan1dyoung.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds