215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Topic

Installing 3.3.5, and getting this 1146 error

Table 'cwmain_j322.j322_cck_core_fields' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT id FROM j322_cck_core_fields WHERE id >= 500 AND id < 5000

Tried uninstalling and re-installing ... not working.

Is there a way to completely uninstall Seblod and start again?

Get a Book for SEBLOD
215 Posts
cubist
9 years ago
Level 1

Had to nuke it. Created a new installation and used SP Transfer to move article, users, etc. over, then installed Seblod. Thank gawd I was not updating Seblod.

4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 2

YOu got the above erorr on fresh isntall or upgrade? Which version were you upgrading from (if it was an upgrade) ?

233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 1

Still get the same error and issue after:

1. UNINSTALL Seblod in J! extension manager. 
  2. REMOVING all Seblod Tables from DB.

How do we clean-up a J! installation?!? Why can't we even install a fresh copy?

572 Posts
_jrmo
9 years ago
Level 1

Hi all,

The issue of uninstalling + reinstalling SEBLOD is somewhat fixed in the upcoming release of SEBLOD 3.4 (scheduled for release this week).

There are some exceptions to this:

• If you are uninstalling SEBLOD, you MUST uninstall the whole package, not just the component. Instructions on how to do this are at 3:07 of this tutorial: http://www.seblod.com/resources/videos/installing-seblod
  • If you uninstall SEBLOD, you must re-install the same version, or the database will have mismatched values. So you can only do this for versions of SEBLOD 3.4 and later. If you want to uninstall SEBLOD, best to update to 3.4, then uninstall, in case you want to reinstall later
  • If you install SEBLOD, create some articles with SEBLOD, then uninstall it, your article content won't be visible in the front end any more, because SEBLOD isn't installed to render it.

Remember you should never run tests with installing / uninstalling SEBLOD on a live production site without a) backing up first and b) testing on a development server.

Thanks,

James

233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 2

Hello James, thanks for the quick reply and hint about the installation movie 3:07 ;)
Obviously I have not chosen the "package"... I think it was the "component"... but after that I even uninstalled everything with seblod/cck in its name. There is even no term left and found in the DB tables. Too bad, I can't get over that error 1146...

Any idea what is causing this error exactly? What else could I look for?

233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 2

Still the same error message with Seblod 3.4.0

1146 Table 'sebloddb.seb3_cck_core_fields' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT id FROM seb3_cck_core_fields WHERE id >= 500 AND id < 5000

How to pass it?!

9 years ago
Level 3

pepperstreet,

I would check if that table exists in the database,
if not, try to create it with at first only the column "id" in it.

Also, at this point it is not clear, whrere in the process you currently are ...

Are you trying to reinstall and the install doesn't work,
or have you successfully reinstalled but the system gives you that error?

233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 4

Hello, thanks for reply. I have already posted abother comment here but it disappeared ?!? It was a reply to my own previous comment. Strange?!

233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 4

So, here is my last experience and temporary fix again...

• Installed a new fresh J! and Seblod 3.4
  • Copied all new Seblod tables to OLD site (yes, i just want to get a plain Seblod installation, no old Seblod data had to be kept)
  • Then I installed Seblod 3.4 on the OLD site (resulted in a duplicate index error in menu table...)
  • Removed 2 related Db entries in menu table
  • Installed Seblod 3.4 again.

Seemed to work.

4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 5

Hi,

as noted in chagelog deinstall issue was fixed from 3.4 forward, unfortunately it won't work for older releases where you will need such workarounds to get Seblod installed again. Thnx for sharing this info.

Get a Book for SEBLOD