SEBLOD Core & More updates
Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of SEBLOD 3.21.0.
# Key updates:
# Joomla! 4 support?
- Compatibility/support changes for Joomla! 4
- "No Result" file can now be triggered for multiple (> 1) results, useful when a single (unique!) result is required
# When and how to update?
- No, SEBLOD 3.21 is intended to be used on Joomla! 3.10
- Yes, SEBLOD 3.21 brings required changes to allow a future upgrade from Joomla! 3.10 to Joomla! 4.0
(once SEBLOD 4.0 GA will be released)
Feel free to update now your existing websites to Joomla! 3.10 and SEBLOD 3.21
- if your website is not already on SEBLOD 3.20.x, please try to do so as the 1st step
- then update to Joomla! 3.10
- then update to SEBLOD 3.21
The next ones are only for testing purposes
(if you wish to have a try on Joomla! 4)
- follow the 3 previous steps
- copy your site to a dev/test environment
- then update to Joomla! 4.0
- then update to SEBLOD 4.0-rc2 [GitHub link]
Feel free to check both 3.21 changelog
and 4.0-rc2 changelog
A few add-ons and plug-ins will be updated on the store in the next days (featuring the same changes applied to the Core package).
Please note that the 4.0-rc2 is mainly to show progresses
, that there are a few known issues (uncompleted or not merged core changes), and a bit of styling/layout (Bootstrap 5 / jQuery 3) that requires a few additional fixes, but in the meantime... you will see that we already have an up & running Joomla! 4 version of our SEBLOD Demo: demo.seblod.com/joomla4
(not all extensions up-to-date there, yet!)
Please also remember that an upgrade to a major release should NOT be rushed.
Joomla! core team will support the 3.10 version for 2 more years
, so take your time.
Stay tuned for our next Core updates in September!