Today, we are proud to announce the availability of SEBLOD 3.8.0.
This is one of our biggest release so far... It comes with a bunch of improvements/fixes for usability, performance, security, stability.
- PHP 7 support
- Front-end managers
- New Search capabilities
- Performance improvements
- Reorder by drag-and-drop
This new package also includes 5 plug-ins that were previously available on our marketplace:
- Button Free Field Plug-in
- Search Generic Field Plug-in
- Search Ordering Field Plug-in
- Joomla JGrid Typography Plug-in
- URL Variable Restriction Plug-in
We've decided to include them for everyone by default now, as it makes sense to have these features on all projects.
Please read the full
Steps to install:
On Joomla! 3.5.1 or newer:
- Install SEBLOD 3.8.0
On Joomla! 3.4.8 or older:
- Install SEBLOD 3.7.2
- Update to SEBLOD 3.8.0
Steps to upgrade:
- Backup your site!
- Update to Joomla! 3.5.1
- Update to SEBLOD 3.8.0
A quick note about this upgrade package: as there are important SQL updates,
please be sure to backup your database
- One of them is the utf8mb4_unicode_ci conversion. This will (try to) convert all #__cck tables to utf8mb4. At the end of the updating process, you'll get a report message with the number of tables converted. And if some of them are not converted (because of indexes/column sizes, or initial charset), you'll get their name to check/process them manually if needed.
- Another update is a patch for some people in some cases who were able to create fields within this range: (533 <= ID < 5000)
Fields' primary key is altered on the suitable tables in order to make room for current/upcoming Core fields.
- There are also some signed integers changed to unsigned.
By the way, you may see some warnings (something like "XML not found" on a yellow background) at the end of the update, but this does NOT affect the install/update at all... those are just some Joomla! warnings from the update process about the new plug-ins. Nothing to worry about! :)
Please note that IcoMoon font is required on the front-end for various icons to be displayed (Field X, Group X, Icon fields from Managers). Currently your front-end template must include it. We also have included it in our upcoming SEBLOD Toolbox add-on for those who need it (not yet available). And, if we can think of another alternative, we'll do...
Now let's talk about products (free or paid) from our store. All extensions have been updated (at least for copyrights or language files), but here are the ones that include improvements or fixes:
Moved from Core to More:
For those who have developed their own Field plug-ins with "onConstruct.." methods, please have a look at existing/core plug-ins and update your code for SEBLOD 3.8.x.
And finally, here are a few new ones that may help you for your projects:
Yet to be updated: Applications
- Minor releases to fix issues here and there, and bring small improvements!
- SEBLOD 3.9.0 which will focus on removing what's old... (PHP 5.2 support, Joomla! 2.5 support, jQuery's deprecated stuff)
As of now, new releases will be available
, as well.
If you use SEBLOD for your projects, please consider giving us a star on GitHub.
This will help the project move forward! Thank you, and enjoy!