Let's reduce the learning curve
Welcome to the new year – 2014 will be a big year for SEBLOD. We're kicking off with an eagerly anticipated announcement.
The Octopoos team (the team behind SEBLOD) strives to constantly innovate and bring bigger and better features to SEBLOD. We understand that you, as website builders, place a lot of trust in us to deliver a stable and feature-rich product that you can use to build your personal websites and websites for your clients with. We thank you for this trust and the ongoing support you show us by using SEBLOD and by purchasing products on the Marketplace.
While SEBLOD is packed full of features and functionality, we understand that the barriers to entry are high and that the learning curve is currently quite steep. Today we are announcing the next (and long overdue) aspect of SEBLOD that will help with this:a full suite of detailed documentation and online learning webinars
As of today we have completed and opened the first block of online manuals
that go back to basics and teach you how to use SEBLOD from scratch.
Over the next few months we will build on this documentation (both video and written) by releasing other manuals under the categories:
- "Going Further" which teaches you how to add fields to the standard Joomla! Forms, creating search forms and creating list pages;
- "Building My First App" which shows you how to properly make a new web app with SEBLOD;
- "Setup & Backend" which goes in to detail about SEBLOD's many options and creating custom views in the Joomla! Administration backend;
- "Intermediate" which will show you how to create a front-end article manager, use field variations, use live values, set match modes and use validation rules;
- "Advanced" which will show you how to use computation rules, conditional states & triggers, custom attributes and will explain the Bridge mode and Storage.
There will also be additional documentation for developers who wish to create their own SEBLOD plug-ins and a design section for front-end designers who want to do custom templating using their own templates or position overrides.
We will also publish frequent webinars that will walk through particular use-cases (or case studies) of feature-rich websites that you can build easily with SEBLOD.
To help with this task James Morrell (@_jrmo) is working with Octopoos as head of our documentation team. James has been a prominent member of the SEBLOD community over the past few years and has already produced many SEBLOD related tutorials on his YouTube channel.
You can watch all videos on the Videos section
of SEBLOD.com, or from our official Vimeo channel
And don't forget to Follow our Vimeo channel
.. thus you won't miss any upcoming video!