I made a Search Generic Field with two fields to search in : art_title and art_introtext. But when searching, the search is done in title but not in introtec=xt (only results with the searched word in title, not in introtext).
We already have bith intro and fulltext in the generic search. When we slightly modify the Regxp function (can't remember the exact modification we made) inside plugins/cck_storage/custom/custom.php we get the resultats we are looking for (so it's not a fields or not field question)
Our seblod version is 3.17.4 (I d'ont see anything about generic search in changelog since this version).
You said : your issue probably come from you have not add fulltext inb your generic search.
I answer by : we already had fulltext and intro text and if we change the regxp in the core file (it's not good I know but our client was quite upset about the search not working) we have better result.