Topic

Hi guys, 

I'm using the Upload File field to upload a pdf. I set:

• Folder: ..../myFolder
  • Storage Format: Filename
  • 1 Folder / Content: Yes / 0755
  • 1 Folder / User: No

The pdf is uploaded, but:

1. Is there a way to manage the Icon file image for this field ? Any suggestments ?
  2. Setting "1 Folder / User: No" a User ID folder is created, each time a User upload a file, into the folder I set, like: .../myFolder/UserID. Please, Why ? And How to have all the uploaded files into one folder ?
  3. I set "1 Folder / Content: Yes / 0755" permissions, but when the user click on the icon to open its own file I have back: 

Error

You are not allowed to access this file

But, Why if I set "7", read, write & execute permission to the owner ? How to have the owner to be able to open his pdf uploaded ?

Many Thanks  for help

Get a VIP membership
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
6 years ago
Level 1

1. this is up to you, you can use html typography

2. with 1 folder/user set to No files should be uploaded to the same folder for each content (as you set folder/content to yes)

3. See https://www.seblod.com/community/forums/fields-plug-ins/you-are-not-allowed-to-access-this-file#post55714

548 Posts
joomleb
6 years ago
Level 2

Hi Klas,

2 - Setting:

• 1 Folder / Content: Yes / 0755 - 1 Folder / User: No = "should be uploaded to the same folder for each content", we are agree, but is not what's happening. Each time a User upload a file a User ID folder is created into the folder I set, like: .../myFolder/UserID.
  • 1 Folder / Content: No / 0755 - 1 Folder / User: No = Is the only way to avoid this issue at the moment, in this way all the Uploaded users files are into the same folder I set.

Please, Can you confirm it so I can report ?

May be "a bug" related to the issue you yet reported...

4229 Posts
Kadministrator
6 years ago
Level 1

I made a pull request to fix this problem

https://github.com/Octopoos/SEBLOD/pull/470

548 Posts
joomleb
6 years ago
Level 2

Hi Klas, 

about this "bug", I noted that while the created folder is 0755, all uploaded files are 0644...

Do you think it is an important thing to report on your pull request ?

4229 Posts
Kadministrator
6 years ago
Level 3

This pull request has nothing to do with file permissions, it is about view permissions being incorrectly calculated.

548 Posts
joomleb
6 years ago
Level 2

Hi Klas,

2 / 3

I noted you worked on a file on GitHub, but the report is still as "open".

Have you tested it ? Does it fix the issue ?

Please, Is there a way to download the file instead to cut, copy and past ?

Please, Where can I learn about how to "use html typography" ?

548 Posts
joomleb
6 years ago
Level 4

Hi Klas, 

thanks, I tested:

seem the "permission" issue is been solved, but it's running as "Download", while should work as "Preview" in a new window, at least this is what has been translated from Seblod team.

Preview in a new window is more logical: when I preview I can save (download), when I want just preview and download directly is too annoing and I cannot do nothing else.

Please, Am I missing anything ?

548 Posts
joomleb
6 years ago
Level 6

Hi Klas, 

Infact, as Bes wrote:

The download.php script is used to download...

To not download a PDF file but to open it into the web navigator, it's just to display a link to the physical PDF file. A typo plugin apply on value of file field can be a solution.

Of course, this usage is only for PUBLIC PDF file. By doing this there no ACL control of the file (done by the download.php script).

Thanks

But I'm speaking about the Upload script, that by default from Seblod team show an icon link as "Preview", preview in a new window not download, or should be wrote "click to download" (at least this is what has been translated from Seblod team).

So the link shown after an upload by the Upload field, as far as I understand, is a "download link".

That should be tranformed, by deafault in that plugin, in a "A typo plugin apply on value of file field can be a solution", and being that "there no ACL control of the file (done by the download.php script)", that field should be, always by default, shown to the owner and hidden for all others users...

Are you agree ?

548 Posts
joomleb
6 years ago
Level 7

Hi Klas,

Will this fix be added to the next Seblod release ? (I don't see any activity in GitHub)

Considering that when I upload a pdf, a checkbox is shown in case I want delete the file and upload a new one, Please, Can you give me insttructions / directions / suggestments on how to:

• "A typo plugin apply on value of file field can be a solution"
  • show to the owner and hidden for all others users ("there no ACL control of the file (done by the download.php script")
548 Posts
joomleb
6 years ago
Level 8

Hi guys, 

a sign of life here would be too appreciated...

4229 Posts
Kadministrator
6 years ago
Level 9

I'm sorry but I dont have any information what will or will not be in the next release, Saba is not updating github for some reason.

548 Posts
joomleb
6 years ago
Level 10

Hi Klas, 

many thanks for reply to me.

Saba is not updating github for some reason

I noted, and have to say that is a really awful and useless situation...

Get a Book for SEBLOD