This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you don't change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand
466 Posts
joomleb
1 month ago
Topic

Hi guys, 

I'm using the Upload File field to upload a pdf. I set:

• Folder: ..../myFolder
  • Storage Format: Filename
  • 1 Folder / Content: Yes / 0755
  • 1 Folder / User: No

The pdf is uploaded, but:

1. Is there a way to manage the Icon file image for this field ? Any suggestments ?
  2. Setting "1 Folder / User: No" a User ID folder is created, each time a User upload a file, into the folder I set, like: .../myFolder/UserID. Please, Why ? And How to have all the uploaded files into one folder ?
  3. I set "1 Folder / Content: Yes / 0755" permissions, but when the user click on the icon to open its own file I have back: 

Error

You are not allowed to access this file

But, Why if I set "7", read, write & execute permission to the owner ? How to have the owner to be able to open his pdf uploaded ?

Many Thanks  for help

Get a Book for SEBLOD
3372 Posts
Klasadministrator
1 month ago
Level 1

1. this is up to you, you can use html typography

2. with 1 folder/user set to No files should be uploaded to the same folder for each content (as you set folder/content to yes)

3. See https://www.seblod.com/community/forums/fields-plug-ins/you-are-not-allowed-to-access-this-file#post55714

466 Posts
joomleb
1 month ago
Level 2

Hi Klas,

2 - Setting:

• 1 Folder / Content: Yes / 0755 - 1 Folder / User: No = "should be uploaded to the same folder for each content", we are agree, but is not what's happening. Each time a User upload a file a User ID folder is created into the folder I set, like: .../myFolder/UserID.
  • 1 Folder / Content: No / 0755 - 1 Folder / User: No = Is the only way to avoid this issue at the moment, in this way all the Uploaded users files are into the same folder I set.

Please, Can you confirm it so I can report ?

May be "a bug" related to the issue you yet reported...

3372 Posts
Klasadministrator
1 month ago
Level 1

I made a pull request to fix this problem

https://github.com/Octopoos/SEBLOD/pull/470

466 Posts
joomleb
19 days ago
Level 2

Hi Klas, 

about this "bug", I noted that while the created folder is 0755, all uploaded files are 0644...

Do you think it is an important thing to report on your pull request ?

3372 Posts
Klasadministrator
18 days ago
Level 3

This pull request has nothing to do with file permissions, it is about view permissions being incorrectly calculated.

Get a VIP membership