52 Posts
rafiki
6 years ago
Topic

Please i created an article form for the public users to fill. i have checked all my settings and no error was shown in creating the form but when the users fill the form on the website after submission it shows an error 1103 "incorrect table name" please what do i check for or correct in my database because it seems to be a database error.

Get a Book for SEBLOD
1283 Posts
Bucklash
6 years ago
Level 1

Hi

Check the db :)

#__cck_core_fields fior Field storage, are tge releveant fields good? If not change them

I’m always checking the db when using Seblod. Check tabke names against content type

Good example is if you create a field when in Lost and Search type I emd up with new table with same name as field. 

52 Posts
rafiki
6 years ago
Level 2

Please I just have very little knowledge about MySQL. Identified the table but don't understand what was there. Also how do I know the fields to check for problems. 

1283 Posts
Bucklash
6 years ago
Level 3

Hi

Couple of ways to check:

remove all fields, then add one at a time when creating new content to find error (if it is a field causing error)

Head in to db, compare standard core fields with ones you have created in table referenced above.

You need to learn this... them check to see if field storage is represented in comtemt type table ie

if field storage is some_name in #__some_table then make sure #some_table has column some_name.

Ie field Article ID has storage of id in #__content table.

Anyway

Might be something completely different ;)

Get a Book for SEBLOD