233 Posts
pepperstreet
10 years ago
Topic
Hello, suddenly getting this error on all Seblod form submission MenuItems:

(500) JHtmlBootstrap::startTabSet not found.

My internet searches lead to older forum posts where J! was updated from 2.5 or 3.1. Some posts mentioned not updated files i.e.: libraries/cms/html/bootstrap.php
I found older creation dates on many files, and I replaced of ALL files in HTML folder.
But without success. The error 500 persists !?!

Anyone else with similar issues?

• Seblod 3.3.2
  • Joomla 3.2.3 (updated, but also applied latest full installer, also fresh manual copy of some files and folders from 3.2.3)

---

EDIT: This error seems to occur only, if the Helix II framework SYSTEM PLUGIN is activated! I tried 4 templates today, and two of them require HELIX II. Switched back to Protostar, but forgot to disable the System plugin. I am going to write a message to JoomShaper, if they are aware of this problem!

• HELIX II framework 2.1.4
---

EDIT: Another Helix II update has been released. Version 2.1.seems to solve the bootstrap 500 error!

Get a Book for SEBLOD
233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 1
Still the same issue with fresh installation.

• HELIX II Quickstart package and latest Joomla 3.2.3
  • Seblod 3.3.3
693 Posts
rpoy
9 years ago
Level 2
Hi pepperstreet,

According to this post, it is because:

JHtmlBootstrap class not containing the functions startTabSet endTabSet addTab or endTab

It appears that you are not the only one having these issues as there are other posts.  Sounds like it could be a Bootstrap issue or a permission issue.

Have you looked into any of these solutions?

Keep us posted,

thanks,

Randy

233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 3
Actually the missing function is the main problem. The mentioned forum post is related to the J! updates and the core files. It was the same issue, but in another context. Today, those files are up-to-date and do not cause the problem in J!3.2.x anymore. I found the real cause and location right after my last comment. The culprit can be found in the the HELIX II system plugin folder.

It is the following manipulated and most likely out-dated file:

YourJoomla/plugins/system/helix/core/classes/joomla30/bootstrap.php

This file lacks some functions and important changes i.e. deprecated Tab syntax. Additionally, it seems to lack the usual bootstrap loading from J! core JUI folder.

Actually, there are multiple solutions to solve the issue:

A.) Report to JoomShaper, wait for their fix/update (BTW, they are working on a v3)
B.) Compare the original J! bootstrap.php file line by line and update the Helix file. (at least add the missing/new Tab functions... Headsup: this will keep on loading Helix bootstrap JS and CSS)
C.) Simply replace Helix bootstrap.php file completely. (Seems to work! But it will also load J! core bootstrap JS and CSS files)  

(PS: On my initial forum post I did not look into the files, because I thought they make use of J! core bootstrap files and do not make any crucial overrides..., unfortunately they load their own BS2 files, which was pretty nice for J25 and as long as it was newer and up-to-date in the early J3.x releases. But Joomla finally updated to BSv2.3.2. I really thought they make use of JUI core files. I also could not get any help from Joomshaper, because I can`t register a regular account!?! I can't get account confirmation. There social login is also a real problem, I am logged in with unknown user credentials! So, i had to wait... or investigate the issue by myself)
693 Posts
rpoy
9 years ago
Level 4
Hi peperstreet,

Ok good to know - Thanks for the update!

Thanks,

Randy
233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 5
Finally, i got a reply on the very silent GitHub project repository. They are going to fix the issue "as soon as possible".
233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 1
Another Helix II update has been released. Version 2.1.seems to solve the bootstrap 500 error!

EDIT: But… I also noticed a double loading of bootstrap.min.js file. Now they seem to load the files twice?! One from JUI core and their own plugin folder. I think this is a bug of the latest update… I have tested two previous versions of the plugin. They have loaded the Helix file only! (Seemed to be a local installation issue!)
Get a Book for SEBLOD