SEBLOD Updater is still not working for me. I've tried reinstalling, reentering my secret key, reentering my domains and some other tips and tricks but it's not updating the plugins no matter what I do. And with more than 30 plugins to update this feature seems to me very necessary.
The problem is: when I select a plugin in the SEBLOD Update manager and hit the Update Now button I get this:
Warning Update path does not exist.
Message Error updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_.
Error An error has occurred.
Could someone tell me how to resolve this issue please?
2 sites were transferred "as is" to the new server. One I had to reinstall via Akeeba backup. All 3 of them I updated to J3.5.1 and I installed the latest Seblod updater though the Joomla 'upload files'. After that I opened the Joomla updater and went straight to the components->seblod->updater. (I notice that it is important to go to the Joomla update page first before proceeding to the Seblod one, otherwise files to be updated don't always show up!)
After that I updated Seblod to 3.8.3 followed by all the other Seblod element. Everything worked out smoothly except that for every site I had to go in the list section and adapt all the 'view' links. Luckily I experimented on a parallel test site with updates of 2 sites to see what possible surprises were awaiting me.
ps. on the previous hostingprovider I had problems with file/group ownership which never got resolved and generated similar complaints for Seblod as wel as other elements with the Joomla sites.