EDIT March 1st 2014:HERE is the solution (workabout) without external modal plugins
I think I finally found the solution on how to render a modal box in a relatively simple way!! It's crazy but it works the way I have been dreaming for .. since a long time!!
1) If you have YOO Widgetkit enabled and you don't use it for anything else in your website,. set the components>widgetkit>lightbox>enable on [NO]
2) Go to system>Clear Cache>Clear all the cache + Clear the cache of your browser 3) Install http://www.nonumber.nl/extensions/modals (it's free and rendering even works on my galaxy mini)
1) If you have a seach/list in Seblod go to construction/List&search types>[your List&search type]
2) In there go to Item and choose #2 (List&Markup(class)) and (in my case) select -LINK- for your Title field
3) Choose #3 (Typography etc) and select -HTML- for your Title field. Next to it will appear a + sign. Click on it and fill in the following code:
Now on your website, each title of each record of your List will link to the content of your Form&content type and show it in a Modal box.
Simple hé ;) Bernard
ps. I't a non official version of a site under construction but scroll to the bottom of This link and click on "paradijs voor kinderen" or "maak je een reis door de tijd". Both are the non formatted results of list&search types (modules) which are linked to an article just like comments, explained by Daniel Young, are.
hi pretobrazza, thanks for sharing your information. unfortunately i get a 404 on your link :( btw: nonumbers extensions are great! i also have good experience with sliders (accordion) and tabs and so on :) cheers
hi pretobrazza, now it works, thank you. did you think about switching off the page navigation (prev&next links)? because when you click on them in the modal it will close the modal and lead you to another site... i'm sorry that i can't help you about the ids in your urls! :( cheers