8 years ago
Topic

Hi everyone, I had my site working, it was wonderful.  But not wonderful enough for my liking, so I started adding more functionality.  At some point I changed the name of the seblod app I was working on, It should have kept the same alias.  The site broke saying it could not find the template.  I fixed that via PHPMyAdmin.  Now the site works again, no template issue, but clicking on the title seems to go to a 404.  The URL is odd too, it has a : in it, which I have never seen before.  

I have also noticed that the article title is the only thing showing now, none of the other fields show any more.  In the dropdown to choose a template there is only one option seb_one.  I'm sure there were more in the past, is this correct or not?

I have read numerous articles about redirecting the URLs to the homepage, and SEF Urls, but I don't have a URL tag in my list/search.  I just have cck.

Any thing you can do to assist me would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Get a VIP membership
8 years ago
Level 1

Turns out I needed to set a template.  http://www.seblod.com/v2/forum/Search-Types--Lists/41673-why-the-Item-tab-is-greyed-out-on-the-page-for-creating-searchlist.html

The article now redirects to the homepage when i click the title.  It still has a colon in the url :

The article is now appearing, but it is appearing on the homepage layout.  I had not noticed it appearing towards the bottom of the page.  I'm sure this wasn't the behaviour prevoiusly.  Is this correct?

154 Posts
WebOne
8 years ago
Level 2

if you turn off SEF urls you will probably see the Menu Itemid=101

There are various ways of getting the link to point to the proper menu itemid.

Get the content link to point to the proper menu and/or
Use different SEBLOD SEF Types, and/or
Create a hidden menu with a menu item category list pointing to the category of the content and/or
Use plugins like this :

www.pulsar-informatique.com/telechargements-gratuits/dynamic-view-link-plugin

Get a Book for SEBLOD