The menu item app provides you with a SEBLOD-powered way of administering your site's menu items. Among other benefits, this means that you can manage menu items directly through the front end of your site.
About the menu item app
The menu item app currently lets you create 2 different types of menu items through SEBLOD: a link to a single article, or a link to a SEBLOD List & Search. Menu's themselves cannot be created through this app.
Adding menu items
Menu items can be managed through the front or back-end menu item manager.
First, ensure that you have created your menu in the usual way using Joomla. You will then be able to assign menu items to this menu using the app.
To add a new menu item, click "Add New" in the menu item manager
- In the "Title" field, enter the text you would like to appear on the menu item link
- Select the type of menu item you are adding (Single Article, or Search & List)
- If you select the "Single Article" menu item type, you will then have options to select the Content Type and Article that you wish to link to.
- If you select "List & Search" type, you will then be able to select the List & Search type you want to link to.
- You then assign your menu item to one of your pre-existing Joomla! menus and select a menu item parent, if you need to establish hierarchy in your menu structure.
In the "Publishing" tab you can select your menu item alias, access and status. Further, in the "Page Display" and "Metadata" tabs, you can manage page meta content like the browser page title, keywords, description and whether or not to show a different page heading on that page
Ordering menu items
The order of your menu items can be manipulated by clicking and dragging the icon of each menu item in to the order you require.
The end result
After saving your new menu item, it will appear in the menu that you selected in step 4.
For now we would suggest to restrict the use of the app to the management of a specific menu, that will for sure be always edited using the app. It means that you shouldn't edit the same menu items once from the back-end of Joomla! and another time with this app, as currently:
- all fields haven't been included in the app, and some are stored in JSON (so you may end up loosing some JSON values when fields are not there)
- the integration process is not enabled on the Joomla! Menu Item manager.