A field "select multiple" (or multiple drop-down list) creates a menu (or list) multiple choice, hold down 'CTRL' on your keyboard for the multiple selection.
An option consists of a part "text" and part "value", the "text" is the text displayed on the form and the "value" is the value recorded (likely to be used in a search).
Common Plugin Settings (Link to the article)
- If the field is used in a search form, the search is performed only on the "value".
- If several options are selected, the stored value is the concatenation of all values of selected options, separated by commas "," or other character designated by the parameter "Separator".
- Option1 (Following option): to maintain the existing order,
- Option2 (Alphabetical A > Z): order the options in ascending alphabetical order (A-> Z), consider the "text" part of the option,
- Option3 (Alphabetical Z > A): order the options in descending alphabetical order (Z-> A).