Using Live Value Settings to Define Static Values
E.g. if you put live value on the Article Category Id field like on the image above, you article will save to the category with id 14
Using Live Value Settings to Define Dynamic Values
Using the User's Session to fill a Live Value
- Select "User" from the "Live" column
- Click "configure" in the Live Value column
- In the "Property" field, enter the user profile value that you are trying to retrieve. For example, if you want to retrieve the username, you type "username". If you want to retrieve the user's first name (which is a field that SEBLOD adds to the standard Joomla user profile) you type "first_name"
Any value that is included in your User content type can be used as a User > Live Value property.
Using the Form's Stage to fill a Live Value
In the URL above we can see that the link (with SEF URL's turned off) contains many variables. These are:
- Variable: option Value: com_content
- Variable: view Value: article
- Variable: id Value: 10
- Variable: catid Value: 2
- Variable: Itemid Value: 101
"Type" specifies the formatting of the variable you are retrieving from the URL. From the above list of variables in our example, the "view" variable is a "string" because it contains only letters, whereas the "id" variable is "Int" (Integer) because it contains only numbers.
"Variable" is where you specify the variable from the URL that you are trying to retrieve the value for. For example "id" or "catid".