Hi, after reading of manual (GroupX), user posts and experimentation, I still don't understand the complete setup of GroupX. The manual is concise and forum posts report different solutions.
I will detail here the steps with associated questions and I offer to write an extensive page of tutorial after everything is clear for me.
0) Starting point: we want to add a GroupX field called FIELD-GROUPX to an existing content type TYPE-MAIN of object type Article.
1) Create a new content type TYPE-REPEAT to hold the fields bundle that will be repeated.
The creation can start from a "Blank" template, the object type must be the same of the TYPE-MAIN so in our case "Article".
We can now close the new content type even if it is still empty.
2) Now edit the TYPE-MAIN content type: we add the new field of type "GroupX" and call it FIELD-GROUPX, in "Content Type (Form)" we need to select "TYPE-REPEAT" since that is what we want to repeat, various settings for delete/add buttons and min/max number of repetitions follow (obvious options), storage must be set to "Seblod | Article | groupx_col" where "groupx_col" is the name we want for the new column that is going to be added to our DB table that holds TYPE-MAIN items, this table is named something like #__cck_store_form_typemain. This new column in the DB will hold the repeteable values.
We can close TYPE-MAIN.
3) Now back to editing TYPE-REPEAT content type: now we can add the specific fields to be repeated.
Storage for these fields must be in the form "Seblod | Article | groupx_col" where "" is a label/tag that changes for each field we create and can be different from the field name. But here is the problem in creating these fields:
- if we leave the padlock as locked, Seblod will create a new DB table like "#__cck_store_form_typerepeat" and for every field it will add a new column, but that is wrong since the repeatable values do not have to be stored there but in TYPE-MAIN table, in "#__cck_store_form_typemain.groupx_col".
- if we unlock the padlock, then Seblod will not create a new DB table (fine!) but will add new columns to "#_cck_store_item_content", and again it is not the right place where the values will be written.
- Storage None may overcome this problem but prevents fields to be searched...
What is the correct setup?
Thanks a lot for your help